All-Star Stunting at level 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2024
Hi!
I’m new at level 2, I’ve always coached 3-4 and I know it’s not a huge difference but again completely new! Is there anybody that can tell me any rules they know such as grips and legalities?

I coach a school team, but we are the all-star equivalent of level 2! Main rules to know about are you cannot do unbraced extension libs; prep libs don't have to hold the back's hand like in level 1, but you also can't press to extended lib unbraced. If you brace for a pyramid, that is allowed. Two-leg extensions unbraced are allowed though (you get more points if you can add a 1/2 twist transition). Any transitions you do can only be a 1/2 twist max (no fulls). Some release moves require contact from someone (usually from the back) before releasing. Inversions are only allowed from the ground (as in, handstands or walkovers) to prep level lib or extended two-leg. Baskets are straight rides.

Tumbling wise, you're allowed back handsprings max. For jumps, you're allowed a T jump into a back handspring. Those are the main legalities I can think of off the top of my head! Good luck!

Back