All-Star Stunting with dermals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 10, 2022
Retired all star flyer, wanting to get back into stunting recreationally. Would flying and partner stunting be possible with back dermal anchors? Any experience with this?

Would it be possible? Anything is possible. Would I recommend it? Not so much. As a former flyer, you know as much as any of us how many times stunts go sideways. Your base/spotter is going to grab whatever they can to stop you from hitting the ground. I would imagine that would be extremely painful to you.

All jewelry must come out, so if they fall under that category, which I assume they would, you would need to remove them for comps. Personally, I wouldn't want to catch a flyer with those in a cradle as even rhinestones on uniforms dig and scratch at times, and I assume those would too

When I was in college these were super popular and a lot of the girls had them. It was a large coed team so theyre located right where a boy grabs to toss/catch partner stunts and pyramids. The girls would put those waterproof stretchy circle bandaids over them and never had any issues.

Back