All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have no children to look after, but I have my main personal e-mail account that is my go to for everything. Then I have my school e-mail and then my future work e-mail LOL it has my future credentials in it but I made the account before the name was taken and I use it for all of the professional organizations I am currently a student member of that send 50 e-mails a week. But I won't use it to send e-mails until I graduate because I'm superstitious.

I'm about to need a separate one for my dog and his auto-subscription of dog food deliveries, his bark box, his groomer, and his petco reward e-mails. spoiled dog problems. If I had kids, no doubt, they'd need separate accounts, too.

What are parent opinions on having a groupme for the kids on the team? They're junior aged (with a few youth aged kiddos) so I really want to try to have the kids bond and be friends in and out of practice so I thought this might be a good way to facilitate that. We do a parent groupme but I haven't done one with athletes before. Our senior teams have them (coaches supervise the groupme so it doesn't get insane) and it seemed to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids were on a junior team last year. Ages of kids (on Aug. 31) were 9-14. They had a group message that worked really well. Every now and again, a small problem popped up, but for the most part, it really helped the few new kids on the team bond with everyone else. Sometimes, the "talking" gets too much.....like 1,000+ messages in one night. Other times, it's silent. It seems to ebb and flow. Even though the team is not together for this year, they still all chat on it. The best is when they "chat" with another team they made friends with at the Summit. There are 38 kids on that chat!!!

My kids were on a junior team last year. Ages of kids (on Aug. 31) were 9-14. They had a group message that worked really well. Every now and again, a small problem popped up, but for the most part, it really helped the few new kids on the team bond with everyone else. Sometimes, the "talking" gets too much.....like 1,000+ messages in one night. Other times, it's silent. It seems to ebb and flow. Even though the team is not together for this year, they still all chat on it. The best is when they "chat" with another team they made friends with at the Summit. There are 38 kids on that chat!!!

Awesome! This is kind of what I'm hoping for. I really want to kids to be more like a family, and I think this would help them to communicate outside of practice.

I have no children to look after, but I have my main personal e-mail account that is my go to for everything. Then I have my school e-mail and then my future work e-mail LOL it has my future credentials in it but I made the account before the name was taken and I use it for all of the professional organizations I am currently a student member of that send 50 e-mails a week. But I won't use it to send e-mails until I graduate because I'm superstitious.

I'm about to need a separate one for my dog and his auto-subscription of dog food deliveries, his bark box, his groomer, and his petco reward e-mails. spoiled dog problems. If I had kids, no doubt, they'd need separate accounts, too.

I created my married name email address before our wedding. My new last name is super common, so I was obviously not going to get a perfect first.last email address and wanted to get as close as I could. Like you I was superstitious and didn't use it until I was actually Ashley Ryan (though I still don't really use it and just forward it to my {first}.{maidenname} account).

If you have gMail, you should be able to sign up for barkbox, etc with an email address that's {youremail}[email protected]. Gmail will ignore the plus sign and everything after it and put it in your inbox and then you can set up a filter for emails sent to {youremail}[email protected]. Some sites don't support the + sign though and won't let you register with it. But you might not need to set up a separate email account.

Official Gmail Blog: 2 hidden ways to get more from your Gmail address

I created my married name email address before our wedding. My new last name is super common, so I was obviously not going to get a perfect first.last email address and wanted to get as close as I could. Like you I was superstitious and didn't use it until I was actually Ashley Ryan (though I still don't really use it and just forward it to my {first}.{maidenname} account).

If you have gMail, you should be able to sign up for barkbox, etc with an email address that's {youremail}[email protected]. Gmail will ignore the plus sign and everything after it and put it in your inbox and then you can set up a filter for emails sent to {youremail}[email protected]. Some sites don't support the + sign though and won't let you register with it. But you might not need to set up a separate email account.

Official Gmail Blog: 2 hidden ways to get more from your Gmail address

really?!?! you're amazing. doing this now. he also gets his pet insurance e-mails. forgot about those. he needs a dog personal assistant.

I can't cope with multiple e-mail addresses; I have 1 and it's the same one I've had since I was 18 years old.

I can't cope with multiple e-mail addresses; I have 1 and it's the same one I've had since I was 18 years old.
I have three I think, but one is my school one that I only use for school, one is one I was forced to make when I had an android that I never use, and then one thats my first and last name that I use for everything.

I have three I think, but one is my school one that I only use for school, one is one I was forced to make when I had an android that I never use, and then one thats my first and last name that I use for everything.

I am the worst at checking my college account.

I just wrote a post on my Facebook page asking for 311.77 to buy paint so I can paint my classroom in warm toned colors. I have wanted to do it for a few years now. I set up an account on Donorschoose.org to request funding for this project but they don't post material request projects over the summer. I honestly feel a little wrong about it. I just feel so strongly that it would create a very strong comfortable physical learning environment. I am having to have the transmission rebuilt in my car as we speak or I would have just bought the paint myself. I'm not asking for y'all to donate, not at all. I think I just wanted somewhere safe to share my feelings about it.

What are parent opinions on having a groupme for the kids on the team? They're junior aged (with a few youth aged kiddos) so I really want to try to have the kids bond and be friends in and out of practice so I thought this might be a good way to facilitate that. We do a parent groupme but I haven't done one with athletes before. Our senior teams have them (coaches supervise the groupme so it doesn't get insane) and it seemed to work well.

I know people have gave their opinions, but I can't stress how much I love group me enough. My HS team got it and we LOVED it. We would have conversations all day, and if people didn't want to participate they could turn off alerts. We did have one issue, but it was more like one member of the team blowing things way out of proportion. Otherwise, our group message is one thing I missed most about graduating, since we were a close bunch it strengthened the bond. We were older, and ours was unmonitored. College team uses it for information purposes but every so often we have conversations.

Back