Supercheermads Of Allstars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

L

Lisa Welsh

Read Full Article...

By Lisa D. Welsh

www.CHEERMaD.com
I think it’s quite fitting that the last blog post of CHEERMaD’s first year is about some cheer moms that I’m calling the “SuperCHEERMaDs of Allstars.”

Superstars of Allstars (left to right) Bianca, Erica, Maddie, Cami, Whitney, Kelsey and Gabi in promotional shot for the Cheer Channel's popular new webseries Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader. (PHOTO COURTESY OF CHEER CHANNEL www.cheerchannel.com)
You’ve all heard of the Superstars of Allstars* appearing tomorrow on the Cheer Channel’s new web series Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader on www.cheerchannel.com (*if not, ask your cheerleader). As members of the fictitious “Angels” squad, cheering together for the first time are (photo above, from left to right): Bianca Treger of California Alstars’ Mafia; Erica Englebert, of Cheer Extreme Allstars’ Senior Elite; Maddie Gardner, also of CEA’s Senior Elite; Cami Branson formerly of Cheer Athletics’ Cheetahs who will cheer with Spirit of Texas in the 2012-2013 season; Whitney Love of Twist and Shout’s Obsession; Kelsey Rule of World Cup’s Shooting Stars; and Gabi Butler of Top Gun, who also announced on facebook today that she is changing gyms and will now be at Trinity Athletics in Georgia (this has not been verified but you could really impress your cheerleader if you know about it before she does). The episode airs tomorrow/Monday, June 18.

Well the SuperCHEERMaDs of Allstars are the mothers of these very talented athletes.

SuperCHEERMaDs of Allstars: Debbie Butler, Tracy Rule, Cami Branson, Heather Treger, Sarah Gardner and Sandy Englebert (missing is Debbie Love who did not attend). PHOTOS COURTESY OF SARAH GARDNER
During CHEERMaD’s inaugural year, I’ve had the pleasure of speaking to all of these great ladies except Sandy and have met everyone, with the exception of Sandy and Candy. I’ve interviewed several of these SuperCHEERMaDs for this blog but I’ve also experienced their graciousness outside of the three ring circus that can be competitive cheer. I can honestly say, from the point of view of this former New York Times’ journalist, they are the farthest from “crazy cheer mom,” “stage mom,” ”Dance Mom” or “pushy mom” as can be.
Just like the rest of us, they love their kids, are protective and want only the best for them. They are also real, funny and fun. In fact, the photos above and below demonstrate the ease in which they can laugh at themselves as they were taken while their daughters’ were having a similar photo shoot for Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader.

Tomorrow’s highly anticipated fourth episode of Secret Diary featuring their daughters is something none of these SuperCHEERMaDs could have anticipated when their children started cheering.

Candy Branson; Cami's SuperCHEERMaD
“Cheer skyrocketed this year for Cami and she was thrown into that whole “cheerlebrity” role,” said her mother Candy. “She loves her fans so much and doesn’t want to let anyone down.”
Something else unexpected happened to the moms when their daughters were flown to the Los Angeles set of Secret Diary: the SuperCHEERMaDs bonded immediately into what they all called a sisterhood. They even put their own spin onto the CheerMAD moniker, calling themselves “Cheer Moms After Dark,” for the time of day when they all get together to “talk” on their private group facebook page or cell phone texts.

On the set of Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader are (left to right) Tracy Rule, Sarah Gardner, Heather Treger and Cami Branson.
“No one else can know what that is like, except another mom, ” Candy continued. “There are times that, despite nothing of your child’s own doing, they are criticized because things are happening in the public eye.”
Candy was referencing last week’s eventful switch of gyms when her daughter joined Spirit of Texas and Cheer Athletics.
“It’s hard to change gyms no matter who you are, but everyone has an opinion about it even though they don’t know what’s happening,” Candy said.

Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader producers Lance and Cindy with Superstars of Allstars
According to Candy, at 15, Cami’s developing physical build was more conducive to the taller, athletic build of Spirit of Texas’ flyers compared to the smaller flyers that Cami had once mirrored at Cheer Athletics. Candy said she has been around cheerleading her whole life, including- like Secret Diary producer Cindy Villareal, a stint as a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, but says she’s never known anything to be as exposing as being seen as an Allstar cheerlebrity.
“The worst part is hurting for your child,” Candy said. “I’m grateful to have met these wonderful ladies. I am so blessed by this new cheer family.”

Heather Treger with daughters Bella and Bianca
In California, Heather Treger, Bianca’s CHEERMaD, calls Candy her “Texas Twin”
“We are so much alike, it’s scary,” Heather said. “Debbie, I love to death, Sarah has been where we are now. All the ladies are very special people. They really put everything they have into what they do; whether it’s work, bringing up their family, their love shows. These are the least crazy cheer moms I know.”
At 11, Heather’s daughter Bianca is the youngest of the Superstars, and they didn’t know what to expect when they were all put together.

Angels Maddie and Bianca
“All the girls are just so beautiful and talented and unique and they couldn’t have been nicer to Bianca, to the point of mentoring her,” Heather said. “We were blown away that only a couple of years ago we were watching these cheerleaders compete at Worlds and now to be put into a routine with them. It’s beyond special for Bianca. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.”
As for the moms, Heather echoed Candy’s sentiments.
“I couldn’t believe the connection. This experience was above and beyond everything I expected. It’s blown me away.”
Watch a sneak peak of Episode 4 featuring the Superstars of Allstars on Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader: Allstars of Superstars

Back