All-Star Team Usa

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Didn't all girl get second last year? Or was that just for stunts?

I thought it was the coed stunt group that got second place.

I think for the past two season USA Coed (or maybe it is all girl) has had issues/falls and still won. Reminds me of HPU Large Coed in Daytona, they can fall and still beat everyone else.

I'm hoping for a bit more competition this year..but we shall see. The International teams have DEFINITELY improved- I see you Team Chile.

ALSO- Varsity and your safety guidelines and 'twisting bounding skills being super dangerous'- Umm, I saw some FULLS last year on Team USA that looked pretty dangerous. And they're supposed to be among our 'best of the best'..not cute.

It's interesting to me how little the American cheerleading world cares about ICU, here in Canada it's considered a HUGE honour, and a LOT of people try out every year.
I don't think it's going to help this year that US Trials are happening at the same time, it'll draw some spectators away from ICU.

For the record I was told Team USA has always had to fund raise. For some reason I read a tweet that lead me to believe this was their first year they had to do it (just the wording meaning it was said like they had never had to fund raise before).

I think winning the ICU would be more prestigious if people believed Team USA had a shot to win not the win in the bag.

For the record I was told Team USA has always had to fund raise. For some reason I read a tweet that lead me to believe this was their first year they had to do it (just the wording meaning it was said like they had never had to fund raise before).

I think winning the ICU would be more prestigious if people believed Team USA had a shot to win not the win in the bag.

I think you're right - as it stands, it really doesn't seem like much more that the exhibition that your college staffers do at the start of camp.

It would be more prestigious to who? I don't think you can get any more prestigious then representing your country and putting that level of a routine on the floor. just my opinion though.

It would be more prestigious to who? I don't think you can get any more prestigious then representing your country and putting that level of a routine on the floor. just my opinion though.

Some look at it that way, but the majority of others don't pay attention to who makes the team or what the routine looks like. Proof of that is the lack of talk it gets on this board. The first year it was talked about a lot, not so much anymore. To those competiting I am sure it means the world to them and is very prestigious, to spectators it is just another team. Being the same weekend of worlds doesn't help. People are down there worrying about the teams at Worlds.

Some look at it that way, but the majority of others don't pay attention to who makes the team or what the routine looks like. Proof of that is the lack of talk it gets on this board. The first year it was talked about a lot, not so much anymore. To those competiting I am sure it means the world to them and is very prestigious, to spectators it is just another team. Being the same weekend of worlds doesn't help. People are down there worrying about the teams at Worlds.

I agree that the usual level 1-5 cheerleader does not really care about it.
I do think though that the world outside of just all star cheerleading pays a little more attention to it, like college, international, and sometimes high school.
Obviously this is a mainly allstar cheer focused board, So i know it hardly gets talked about and expect it not to. I guess its just what side of cheerleading your looking at it from.

I agree that the usual level 1-5 cheerleader does not really care about it.
I do think though that the world outside of just all star cheerleading pays a little more attention to it, like college, international, and sometimes high school.
Obviously this is a mainly allstar cheer focused board, So i know it hardly gets talked about and expect it not to. I guess its just what side of cheerleading your looking at it from.

I come from a college background and I make sure to watch the routine online - but when I'm down there I'm more focused on my division (coed level 6) than how Team USA did or is doing - and I definitely haven't made it a point to go watch live. I care more about GymTyme's routine than USA's.

I come from a college background and I make sure to watch the routine online - but when I'm down there I'm more focused on my division (coed level 6) than how Team USA did or is doing - and I definitely haven't made it a point to go watch live. I care more about GymTyme's routine than USA's.

Well were in the same boat on that one! That's my division too and obviously ill be a bit more focused on that then ICU at that moment.Ugh not wanting to compete that early on Saturday or whenever is the early day!
All i was really saying though is just because one person (or thousands) doesn't see it to be prestigious does not mean it does not mean everything and the world to some others. Some people value competitions and styles of routines differently.

Well were in the same boat on that one! That's my division too and obviously ill be a bit more focused on that then ICU at that moment.Ugh not wanting to compete that early on Saturday or whenever is the early day!
All i was really saying though is just because one person (or thousands) doesn't see it to be prestigious does not mean it does not mean everything and the world to some others. Some people value competitions and styles of routines differently.

You're right - I still think that if winning wasn't guaranteed to happen, it would be a bigger deal. Just like I applaud HPU for winning again, but didn't pay much attention to them since it was obvious it was going to happen. But you're right, and I didn't mean to imply that it's not a big deal to make the team and represent the country.

And yes, Saturday morning will not be fun. I think prelims were that early last year though, so if I did it then I guess I can do it again, ha. But it's so different when you're used to level 6 being at the end of the day!

There have been other Team USA's that have gone outside our country to other cheerleading competitions. Are they equally as prestigious? Is that team that went outside the country (and if they actually won) more prestigious than winning Worlds or UCA/NCA college nationals?

Back