All-Star The Back Spot Or The 2 Bases

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 18, 2015
I am curious about the heights of the stunters. Who is generally taller: the back spot or the 2 bases?

There is some debate as to whether the main or side should be taller than the other, but it is pretty standard for the back spot to be the tallest in the group. (More specifically: has the highest reach)
Would the main base be the shorter of the two? If so whats the benefit?

My first year of cheer to my last I've been a backspot for main stunts and pyramids but for little occasional stunts I was a front spot or a base (show n go) because I was tall

There is some debate as to whether the main or side should be taller than the other, but it is pretty standard for the back spot to be the tallest in the group. (More specifically: has the highest reach)
what do you believe is the most effective with the height of side and main bases? or do you find its different with every stunt group?

Ive always been trained that the backspot should be taller than both bases, but the secondary base should be slighly taller than the main base but not too much. You dont want your secondary base to be so much taller than the main that when you do preps or fulls the secondary has to get down lower.

But yes, you want your secondary to be slightly taller.

Omg I just assumed main base was always bigger/taller then side base because of the word "main". I knew back spots were usually the tallest.

My daughter was so happy to finally get to base this year because she hates flying. She has never based before but she is a base on our y3 team. I thought it was weird she was taller than the main base. But because of y'all I just found a random picture of our team and looked at it and it's the back spot as the tallest, then the side base, and then the main on all 4 stunt groups .: I would have never noticed.
7e82592747f9511d0324edc24550421f.jpg

(In this pic they just fulled up and are about to push up for the extension)

My daughter is the one with the crazy hair in the front (idk why it looked so bad this comp lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive always been trained that the backspot should be taller than both bases, but the secondary base should be slighly taller than the main base but not too much. You dont want your secondary base to be so much taller than the main that when you do preps or fulls the secondary has to get down lower.

But yes, you want your secondary to be slightly taller.

You should see my daughter on their two man stunt! She's a back spot so, therefore, tall. When they do the two man, she has to get so low because the other girl is a head shorter, and then they move so she looks like a crab crawling on the mat. I sort of giggle each time I see it.

Back