All-Star The Majors 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok....:confused: if you go to the Majors twitter it specifically says guest performer and they haven't listed any other IO5 teams. Either way I am glad they will be there.
I never said it doesn't say that..I stated it makes it sound like they're competing thats all.

Kinda crappy to go all that way to not be able to compete and only "guest perform" but thats my opinion
Is Indy really that far from Canada? I'm thinking Cali might actually be traveling farther.

Is Indy really that far from Canada? I'm thinking Cali might actually be traveling farther.

Isn't Cali competing though? She said to go all that way and NOT compete, so it's kinda apples and oranges. It is pretty far to go to not compete. It's at least 7 hours drive time (or buy a plane ticket), which is CRAZY if you're not competing.

Isn't Cali competing though? She said to go all that way and NOT compete, so it's kinda apples and oranges. It is pretty far to go to not compete. It's at least 7 hours drive time (or buy a plane ticket), which is CRAZY if you're not competing.
All things I would assume their coaching staff considered when they chose to go, I suppose.

And if it's 7 hours drive time, I actually live farther away.

All things I would assume their coaching staff considered when they chose to go, I suppose.

And if it's 7 hours drive time, I actually live farther away.

Yes, you live further away. So do about 7 billion other people, who also are not exhibitioning. :p Again apples and oranges.

(I'm really just kidding - it's not that serious. I actually only clicked this thread by accident. I could not care less who that last banner is for. I hate these competitions that spend 6 months announcing who is coming to their competition - really by the time they get even a fourth of the way through, I've lost interest. Considering in over a month the thread only has a few pages... That should say how interested we still are... :rolleyes: )

So you live further ..but you live IN the country. Lol when we go to a US competition we have to cross the border, do customs, exchange money, etc. Also flying isn't cheap when it's an international flight. If they fly they'd be leaving from Toronto so not as bad but still. Unless they drove to buffalo and left from there. Either way it's a lot. Also usually every US comp includes shopping.

It's just MY opinion that it's a long way to go and spend all that money and not compete.

And don't get me wrong I think it's awesome that they are inviting an international team,and that it's Great Whites, to go to the Majors in the first place but they could have made it a division IMO.

Yes, you live further away. So do about 7 billion other people, who also are not exhibitioning. :p Again apples and oranges.

(I'm really just kidding - it's not that serious. I actually only clicked this thread by accident. I could not care less who that last banner is for. I hate these competitions that spend 6 months announcing who is coming to their competition - really by the time they get even a fourth of the way through, I've lost interest. Considering in over a month the thread only has a few pages... That should say how interested we still are... :rolleyes: )
How in the world does one random question (I actually have no idea where in canada CS sharks are...which was why I asked) turn into a morning dressing down?

It was a random question, with a random comment that had no judgement attached whatsoever (hence the response about their coaches making that decision so I'm sure they have good reason, even if it's just "were excited to get some recognition and let our kids have that experience" which is perfectly legit)

And given the fact I'm not going to Majors...nor exhibitioning... Clearly I'm not trying to "one up" anyone with how far away I live. It merely helps me understand how far away the sharks are compared to me.

Decaf people. It's early.

hmmmm, I am thinking that cookiemomster might not be too thrilled that I brought her into this conversation- lol :)

Maybe we should all skip the decaf and move straight to the bloody marys.

How in the world does one random question (I actually have no idea where in canada CS sharks are...which was why I asked) turn into a morning dressing down?

It was a random question, with a random comment that had no judgement attached whatsoever (hence the response about their coaches making that decision so I'm sure they have good reason, even if it's just "were excited to get some recognition and let our kids have that experience" which is perfectly legit)

And given the fact I'm not going to Majors...nor exhibitioning... Clearly I'm not trying to "one up" anyone with how far away I live. It merely helps me understand how far away the sharks are compared to me.

Decaf people. It's early.

Wow... Sensitive much? I actually even said that I was joking and don't care.

Good lord girl... 2 posts is not a "morning dressing down."

Really. I was joking because I didn't understand why you keep bringing up things that are further away - because the point was the purpose of their trip combined with the distance, not just the distance. So bringing up a bunch of people that are not exhibitioning is just what I said... Apples and oranges. (I Googled the distance, you could have done the same)

As for the coaches having already considered everything and making the decision... Um, everything we discuss on this board falls into that category!

I just recently left cheersport as a coach and an athlete. GW's are out of the cambridge gym it's a 7 hour drive so maybe they'll just bus instead of flying which would be cheaper obviously. @mamabear what other insight did you mean? lol

Also I'm sure Ali and Alana (the owners) discussed and considered it and thought it was a great opportunity, which it totally is. However, I was JUST pointing out that it's a lot of money to spend to not be competing. They do however fundraise throughout the season for worlds so maybe they will for this too..who knows.

I was on an international team 4 years ago and I loved it! It was expensive though and it was hard on the wallet to go to US comps + Worlds. And I was one of the ones who DID fundraise. That's the only point I was trying to make is expense...no need for people to get all bent out of shape.

I just recently left cheersport as a coach and an athlete. GW's are out of the cambridge gym it's a 7 hour drive so maybe they'll just bus instead of flying which would be cheaper obviously. @mamabear what other insight did you mean? lol

Also I'm sure Ali and Alana (the owners) discussed and considered it and thought it was a great opportunity, which it totally is. However, I was JUST pointing out that it's a lot of money to spend to not be competing. They do however fundraise throughout the season for worlds so maybe they will for this too..who knows.

I was on an international team 4 years ago and I loved it! It was expensive though and it was hard on the wallet to go to US comps + Worlds. And I was one of the ones who DID fundraise. That's the only point I was trying to make is expense...no need for people to get all bent out of shape.
The international flight is a good point with customs and all. Didn't think of that layer of "complicated-ness." That's a good thought.

And for the record, I'm not bent out of shape about anything. I have a soft spot for CS Sharks after last season and the a majors was a really cool event that made the athletes feel really special (I thought) so I'm excited for them that they get to experience that (whether they're competing or not).

I didn't know that you were once with the gym. I just tagged her thinking that she probably know for sure if they were competing or not.

We're ecstatic for them, and it's been a huge weekend for the GW's. Our FB & Twitter news feeds have been filled with this news. The GW's had a celebratory dinner cruise in the Toronto harbor last night for their World's ring ceremony and the Major's news was announced earlier in the day., so yesterday was extra special.

As for traveling, GW's been all over the place including competing in Palm Springs last February. A lot of our teams travel to the US for competitions so it's nothing new for them. If anything, we have a number of teams competing at Jamfest 2015, so it'll be a teal shark family gathering. lol

As for competing, I took the news as just a guest performance. Aren't the Majors for Sr. teams? GW's are IO5.

Last edited:
Back