The Meaning Of G3fca2a, Fiofmu, Oafaaf And 8 Other Cheer Sayings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Some of these are very personal to the gym/team and I wouldn't feel right sharing them, no matter how common knowledge they are.

We feel like it's part of cheer culture! People might know what it means, but only gyms and teams know what it really means!

As a former member of one of the gyms mentioned, I find it disrespectful when people share the meaning. But to each their own.

I find it rude and disrespectful. I don't care if the members know what it "really" means, so therefore it's safe to share. It's not your culture to share

I... feel so confused.

I don't understand why people knowing about it is a bad thing. For most of them, it shows what values are conveyed in the gym. As a potential customer, I'd be happy to know about that and how the kids litterally wear it on their clothes.

Maybe I don't get it because I have never been part of a gym with a secret saying.

I... feel so confused.

I don't understand why people knowing about it is a bad thing. For most of them, it shows what values are conveyed in the gym. As a potential customer, I'd be happy to know about that and how the kids litterally wear it on their clothes.

Maybe I don't get it because I have never been part of a gym with a secret saying.
I can only speak for how it works at CA. I don't want to speak too much on the actual process on how the sayings are taught to the athletes, but they are special moments that are created and are very much encouraged to be kept secretive. For example, the meaning of G3FCA2A is discussed at the very back of the gym at a whisper, so only the athletes can hear it. I think for me it's more of a tradition thing opposed to a culture that everyone in the cheer world needs to know.

I can only speak for how it works at CA. I don't want to speak too much on the actual process on how the sayings are taught to the athletes, but they are special moments that are created and are very much encouraged to be kept secretive. For example, the meaning of G3FCA2A is discussed at the very back of the gym at a whisper, so only the athletes can hear it. I think for me it's more of a tradition thing opposed to a culture that everyone in the cheer world needs to know.
I find it rude and disrespectful. I don't care if the members know what it "really" means, so therefore it's safe to share. It's not your culture to share
I understand your point of view. The intention is absolutely not to disrespect anyone or "leak" information. We feel as though it is simply re-sharing what has already become common knowledge in cheerleading. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it is something we will think about more in the future.

I... feel so confused.

I think it's definitely something you have to be a part of to get. Tribe has one, and when CP was first here I really wanted to know what it meant. They even use part of it at the end of a lot of messages and emails to parents so I was like, we should at least know that part right?!

But like @luv2cheer92 said about CA, athletes go thru a secret ceremony to learn what it means. Now on our seventh season, I think I'd feel kind of dirty if I found out, if that makes sense. Whatever it is, it is very personal for the athletes and coaches.

Back