High School Themes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 15, 2011
Cheer tumbling is coming up soon for my team. We usually talk about what theme we're going to have for our routine. Last year we did 'out of control/crazy' theme. What are some ideas you guys have? :)

We have done Super Heroes, Rock Stars, and we were going to do Welcome to the Jungle, but our coaches changed it. Maybe you could do a 70's theme? Or a circus theme. Under the sea? Haha sorry I'm really bad at this

We have done Super Heroes, Rock Stars, and we were going to do Welcome to the Jungle, but our coaches changed it. Maybe you could do a 70's theme? Or a circus theme. Under the sea? Haha sorry I'm really bad at this
no those are all great :) thank you very much.

Oldies :) Like 50s and 80s and modern mix

Country? sped up of course

Rock is a fun one

We have done "time" "communications (telephone/email/text)" "stop" "day and night" "dreams" "girl power" "fire/hot" "wild/jungle"

My teams always do themes. We had Jungle, Rockstar, Swing, Fashion, Disney, Country, and oldies. This year we are doing Glee and Brittney Spears.

I've done 90's, Divas, Candy, Girls, Will Smith, Old School vs. New, Hollywood, Money/Vegas, New Beginnings and then some other ideas are disco, Queen, Spice Girls, Drop, Hot vs. Cold (good vs. bad), Any musical would work. Some teams do The Wiz, Hairspray, Grease, High School Muscial, Lion King, Rocky Horror, etc... There's million of ideas to do the best way to think if a theme will work for you is if you know of ways to corporate it into other parts of your routine like when I make mine I always make sure their bows and bloomers match the theme and sometimes I have the make-up match too.

When you're thinking of a theme, try to pick one that lends itself to all genres and decades of music. You don't want to have all current top 40 pop music that the judges will hear a million times before you take the mat. Try to pick some more diverse songs that fit your theme to catch the judges and audiences attention. Music make not be a score but it certainly goes into your overall effect!

We've had "Diva", "Star power", "Tv shows", 80's , gold ( school color), "one heart beat"(songs with the word heart in them) and "warrior"

I don't understand this whole "theme" thing?

For competition routines team's sometime pick themes and their music goes along with the theme like if you do hot vs. cold you would pick songs like its getting hot in here or your as cold as ice, etc... Some teams even deck out their uniforms, hair and makeup to match the theme. It alot more fun to use a theme rather than just picking a bunch of random songs and hope that they mix well with each other.

For competition routines team's sometime pick themes and their music goes along with the theme like if you do hot vs. cold you would pick songs like its getting hot in here or your as cold as ice, etc... Some teams even deck out their uniforms, hair and makeup to match the theme. It alot more fun to use a theme rather than just picking a bunch of random songs and hope that they mix well with each other.

Oh ok! That's cool!

Back