All-Star This Is A Situation I Feel That I Know More Than The Coach. What Do I Do...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to do music and choreo for other teams that weekend. thats my future job and i dont want to cancel and have angry coaches and a bad name just starting out. If i didn't have work I would def go to camp, even if it isn't a good camp i would go thats not the issue, eveb if i did dislike the camp. the problem is i have no support from my parents anymore and this job is whats giving me gas money and such to survive college. the fact that i could lose my spot for missing a crumby camp is the problem when i have something that will benefit my future career to do first. The only thing my coach is bringing up is that i new about the camp since april, i didnt get this job till about a month ago...
Is there any possibility of making part of it? I understand it from a coaches perspective and I would have an issue with it also. However, when I was in college, there were some people that did UCA staff and couldn't make our camp, and the coaches understood.

Is there any possibility of making part of it? I understand it from a coaches perspective and I would have an issue with it also. However, when I was in college, there were some people that did UCA staff and couldn't make our camp, and the coaches understood.
Yea i told them i can make friday, the weekend im booked...i live 3 hours away too so im going there for one day and driving back for routines. if she cant tell that im dedicated by spending $100 on gas for making it for one day then idk what to tell her...

From your coaches point of view I can understand why they are annoyed. As you have said you knew about the camp since April your coach might think you have taken the job that weekend to make a point and get you out of the camp. If you are running it as a business yourself they would be wondering why you double booked and if you are working for a company you should have made them aware you where unable to work that weekend due to a prior commitment, I know it is something most companies enquire about when you are hired.

I think in the long run you seem very unhappy with the way your squad is being run and the coaching being offered. I would recommend sitting down with your coach and explaining the issues you have, however be careful how you do this. No one wants to feel like they are being attacked so just keep your calm and tell your coach how unhappy you are. If they can help I'm sure they will however if not maybe you need to consider that this squad is not the one for you.

The only thing my coach is bringing up is that i new about the camp since april, i didnt get this job till about a month ago...

I have to side with your coach on this one. You are an adult. You made a commitment to your team. You need to honor that commitment. You should not have scheduled choreo with clients if camp has been on the calendar for 4 months.

Back