OT Tiger King

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think the footage of the shooting came from a security cam rather than a TV camera. But yes, I did notice they always seemed to be filming. The arm incident was 2013, the fire was 2015, and the shooting was 2017. That’s a long, expensive stretch of time to film.
I think they talked in the very beginning about how the director of this thing started it a long time ago after meeting a guy with a snow leopard in his van. And eventually came across joe.

This was the most twisted series and the fact that it was real life is just incomprehensible to me. Carole by far is the most evil and I can't believe she has gotten away with everything she has done. I actually feel a little bit bad that Joe is the one in jail and not her. Crazy that the drug king was the sanest of the bunch.
I would love a spinoff of Doc Antle because that cult he runs could be a series on it's own.

My husband and I watched this by recommendation of my sister last night- we thought it was spoof...or a silly comedy by the way everyone was talking about it and then quickly realized it was a doc.
MIND BLOWN by the crazy

This was the most twisted series and the fact that it was real life is just incomprehensible to me. Carole by far is the most evil and I can't believe she has gotten away with everything she has done. I actually feel a little bit bad that Joe is the one in jail and not her. Crazy that the drug king was the sanest of the bunch.
I would love a spinoff of Doc Antle because that cult he runs could be a series on it's own.

I still can’t quite process it. I want to root for someone, but they’re all kind of terrible. Which sucks because I want someone to do right by these tigers, but I don’t think any one of them are equipped to do it.

People hate Carole but as far as the cats are concerned, I think she’s the least reprehensible. Her facility is accredited by GFAS and appears to be a well-organised non-profit. I don’t agree on all her policies, but I think she’s doing right by the animals who are the real losers in all this.

That said, I do think Carole probably had something to do with her husband’s death. But I think it’d be easier prove if all the accusations didn’t come from her ex-husband’s family, who claimed to be too scared to speak out about her earlier but had no problem speaking out against her on a Netflix doc. I get why they dislike her for “breaking up” their family, but also wish they’d put some of the responsibility on the ex who basically harangued a teenager into getting into his car in the middle of the night. He was no saint. Obviously he didn’t deserve to be murdered, but I thought the family’s portrayal of him as a kind, sweet family man before he met Carole was laughable. He was a grown man with a wife and kids when he seduced a teenager. He knew what he was doing.

I wanted to like Joe. But watching him poke the tiger giving birth with a stick just pissed me off. Not to mention all the scummy anti-Carole tactics that he seemed to think were charming and funny but were in fact just dangerous and stupid. And when he got all whiny about how mean Carol was after she pushed back, I was done. Don’t shoot people in effigy, steal their logo, and trash them nonstop and then be surprised when they sue you.

Doc Antle (“Men are pigs, women are sheep”) and Jeff Lowe (“My wife will give birth and then she’ll get back in the gym while our hot nanny that I pick out watches our kid”) are two misogynistic scumbags. That’s it.

I just hope that maybe this doc will spread awareness about the exotics problem in the US. Wild animals aren’t pets. Too many people get an exotic for the novelty, realize too late that it’s not manageable like a Labrador, and then sell it to someone who just wants to breed it or profit off it. Frankly, I don’t think anyone in this series is TOTALLY equipped for animal rescue... some are just less awful than others. I hope maybe this doc can change that.

Tiger King was a mess.

My younger sister informed me that the Lauren girl and her sister were in her Girl Scout Troop....and she we to high school with Lauren’s sister.

In fact my sister said she saw Lauren’s parents when she was on her run this morning.

And look. A happy ending!

f53430121bc7e9daf5119ac121849b5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a long explanation about my opinion on Carole. But I edited it. I will just say that I feel that she is portrayed as the most manipulative of the whole bunch.

Last edited:
Tiger King was a mess.

My younger sister informed me that the Lauren girl and her sister were in her Girl Scout Troop....and she we to high school with Lauren’s sister.

In fact my sister said she saw Lauren’s parents when she was on her run this morning.

And look. A happy ending!

f53430121bc7e9daf5119ac121849b5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lauren looks just thrilled with her life decisions.

I’m not going to knock what people look for in a relationship. Maybe this makes her happy. But I would not settle for an ex con domestic abuser who loudly vocalizes his desire to cheat on me while I’m carrying his child. But that’s just me.

I had a long explanation about my opinion on Carole. But I edited it. I will just say that I feel that she is portrayed as the most manipulative of the whole bunch.

Yeah it’s all so weird. I’ve never watched anything where there was straight up NO protagonist. They even tried to get PETA “We kills dogs instead of letting them live in shelters because morals” in there as one of the good guys, but anyone familiar with their organisation knows they’re malicious and dishonest. There was just NOBODY to root for.

So I started watching this when I should have been working on my assignments for my
Word languages and culture, honors composition and literature, and my honors calculus class, and I never could figure out what in the white trailer park trash I was watching .

Back