OT Tips On Indoor Tanning?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So, I'm reviving this thread because I need tanning advice.
My team is getting white crop top uniforms for basketball/comp. season, and my legs and arms are super tan from cheering in the sun at football games (with full top unis) but in result my stomach is white white white.
I don't really tan much, so I'm not sure what to do. I feel like a spray tan isn't going to last and I'd rather not do a bed (family member died of skin cancer...) so I feel like lotions are my best options, but I have no idea where to start.
Any suggestions people have, whether they're about beds, sprays, or lotions, is greatly appreciated!

My team is getting white crop top uniforms for basketball/comp. season, and my legs and arms are super tan from cheering in the sun at football games (with full top unis) but in result my stomach is white white white.
I don't really tan much, so I'm not sure what to do. I feel like a spray tan isn't going to last and I'd rather not do a bed (family member died of skin cancer...) so I feel like lotions are my best options, but I have no idea where to start.
Any suggestions people have, whether they're about beds, sprays, or lotions, is greatly appreciated!

My mom uses this lotion called Fake Bake when she doesn't have time to lay & it works really good. I think it's between $20 & $30. :)

Reactions: Ems
I used to be the kind of guy that would always so go tanning. Used to go every other day during comp season in college. Always got great color. Never burned. Never turned gross snooki orange.

Then a spot developed on my back and had to get it surgically removed. I have no history of it in my family. I'm part Italian. And always thought it'd never be a problem for me.

Now all I can think about is how this going to affect me in the future. So just think about it and the alternates to it. And think about how often you need to go etc.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Just be careful with that white crop top. White material + tanning lotions = bad news. Make sure you give it at least a day or two between your last application and when you have to wear your uniform.

Reactions: Ems
My mom uses this lotion called Fake Bake when she doesn't have time to lay & it works really good. I think it's between $20 & $30. :)
I'll check it out, thanks!
Just be careful with that white crop top. White material + tanning lotions = bad news. Make sure you give it at least a day or two between your last application and when you have to wear your uniform.
Yeah, I thought about that... I would definitely start applying it now. We won't be wearing them till January, so I have some time! Thanks!

This is going to sound weird but sunscreen is my secret. It protects you from burning and most people don't know this but most sunscreens have built in tan enhancers. I put a number 8-15 sunscreen on every time I go tanning.

This is going to sound weird but sunscreen is my secret. It protects you from burning and most people don't know this but most sunscreens have built in tan enhancers. I put a number 8-15 sunscreen on every time I go tanning.
Hmm. Never heard of that. Probably a really good idea. Wow, if that works. . .

If you had a family member pass from skin cancer you may have a higher predisposition for it. I did not post earlier because the girl said she understood the risks.. I so wanted to comment when the person wrote I want to die tan hot and thin,,, well with skin cancer yes you would die thin but hot and tan after teh rounds of chemo and radiation and loss of hair and the puking and everything else that comes with it.... I speak from experience in losing friends and having others survive but go to hell and back.... tan, young, and hot are not a part of skin cancer. There are many good spray options around... check in your area for people who do the spray tanning if you find a good person they may even be able to work a schedule and cost bracket for you and your team.

No chastisement from me about tanning.
I use the Snooki lotions. The Ultra Dark Black Bronzer and Tan Maximizer are my go-tos (I loathe tingle,) and I have the same issue that Just-a-Mom has, with my legs not tanning as easily, so my trick is to alternate between lying the correct way in the bed, then the opposite way (with my feet by the facial tanner.)

No chastisement from me about tanning.
I use the Snooki lotions. The Ultra Dark Black Bronzer and Tan Maximizer are my go-tos (I loathe tingle,) and I have the same issue that Just-a-Mom has, with my legs not tanning as easily, so my trick is to alternate between lying the correct way in the bed, then the opposite way (with my feet by the facial tanner.)

I love her lotions too! JWOW's is pretty good too, bronzers with no tingle :)

I tan randomly, like 4 times a month. I maintain colour like a crazy person though. I recently used a tingle lotion as a sample and actually thought I was going to die. It hurt, so never going down that road again (though it was super effective!)

I'd advise a stand up bed, simply because then you get no pressure points. I have a lovely 'bunny tail' on my tailbone from it. I also rotate different strengths and times. Going for the max doesn't necessarily tan you more. I tend to stick around 10-15 a session (in a 20 min bed). I also get bored and hot easily.

We all know the risks. I've signed more than my share of waivers acknowledging them. To me, I see no difference in tanning 20 mins a week, and when I laid out for 5 hours a day in Vegas for a week. Do the research, be educated, and make your own choices.

Back