Toe Touch

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When stretching like splits, straddle split, etc... Always point your toes so your body is used to it. When jumping just focus really hard on pointing, the more you do it the less you will have to focus on it because it will become natural for your body.

Mine too!! I can actually get further in middle splits when my feet are flexed. I always have to concentrate on pointing my toes when doing TT's instead of just relaxing and letting my muscle memory take over.

I know this sounds really archaic, but my college coach used to tape popsicle sticks to your ankles and wrists. If you bent them, the pressure was pretty intense.

If you can't get past the feeling that your jumps are higher when you flex your feet, think through the whole motion this way: push off the ground with your feet in slow motion. Imagine pushing first through your whole foot, then rolling your foot up and pushing through the balls of your feet, then pushing through your toes. Your feet end up pointed this way, and you begin to understand that you actually have more power in your jumps if you use your whole foot to push off of the ground, rather than just jumping off of your heels and lifting through the toes. Push through the toes all the way from the ground, and your toes will point.

i always tell the youth girls at my gym that their toes should be the last thing to leave the ground and the first thing to touch it again.

Its so hard to change, right? I had this same problem, all last year i couldnt point my toes at all, and then this year, I like suddenly understood :) Just try to remember every time, your jumps wont be as high at first, but keep pointing, and they willl look so much better!

Back