All-Star Top 3 Means, Top 3 For Everyone

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How should teams make finals in international division

• Total voters
Then maybe . . . . propose to create another "real" International Division . . . for the NON US Teams . . . Aimed for the International Teams . . . a place for them to compete and be recognized in the World . . . and peak in their seasons . . .

So basically for the Tour De France they dont have any schizophrenia... they are a team competition.

The international division at Worlds is a country competition subdivded by team competition.

For all my international travelers we HATE paying as much as we do (and I am sure you pay way more) to come and compete and go home after 1 day. You all would HATE paying as much as you do to get 72nd (after 71 US teams) and feel like you have no shot. Again... divide like I said before. One division for open clubs and one division for international. Money is an issue on either sides. One side isn't righter because they pay more or provide more income for the event.

Or..... Someone can start their own "Worlds" competition and set up the rules in an ideal way. Maybe this could be in conjunction with the fierce games?

Or..... Someone can start their own "Worlds" competition and set up the rules in an ideal way. Maybe this could be in conjunction with the fierce games?

And it could change locations on a yearly basis. I hear there are some nice places along the Mediterranean sea in late spring.

There isn't a good comparison with another sport. (which is fine, by the way.) I can't think of any other team sport that is dominated by non-professional private clubs the way that all-star is.

Note: we are also talking about a sport that has 150+ "National Championships" every season, most of which barely have more than a state or two represented. If you think that the argument "Worlds only counts if you have balanced representation from multiple countries" is going to work, you don't know all star particularly well.

Is getting more non-US participation worth adjusting the rules in their favor? Should non-US teams be more valuable to the USASF/IASF than US ones because of the diversity they give? Should all teams be treated equally, but some more equally than others? I don't know if this carries meaning beyond US borders, but is "Cheer Affirmative Action" justified?

I have my opinions, but there are certainly legitimate arguments to be made either way.

Back