All-Star Tumbling Pain

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 7, 2011
I've been taking tumbling privates for a while now. But lately after I get past my 35 or 40 minute mark I start to get back pains.. I get a light spot because I'm working on my tuck but even when I do handsprings by myself I still get the same feeling of pain. The same thing happens after I stunt. I go to the chiropractor every other week and I still keep getting these pains after I stunt or tumble. Does anybody know what it is? I'm starting to get concerned because I feel like it's cheerleading causing the problem but even if I had to I would go out on floor with some ridiculous looking thing on me to help because I don't plan on quitting any time soon!

No body said cheer was easy. When I get out of bed in the morning it sounds like popcorn popping.

I have the same problem. I think it has to do with your body, try working on your muscles and stuff. It helps me loads even if it doesn't take all the pain away, it's still alot better. I've been doing Debbie Love's stuff almost daily and I can tell a difference and I don't even have to go to the chiropractor anymore.
her website is www.fortheloveoftumbling.com
Also, stretch really good if you don't already. Don't overdo yourself, if it starts hurting work on something else that doesn't hurt.
Make icyhot/biofreeze your best friend, it's really magical.

its interesting to hear others stories about pain. i think from stunting and streching so much my hips have gotten strange they make this clicking noise or popping noise! its kinda wierd.

cheerleading body=70 year old person

Thats how my hips and back are, but mainly my hips pop alot because they're out of line and I go to the chiropractor often and stretch them and she usually pushes on them and it kinda feels better, but the next morning I get a little sore just from her pushing on them....and I've been cheering for 12 years, every time I get up something pops hahah I feel like im in my 60's! :p

Back