OT Unexpected News, Prayers Needed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

ALittleBitTwisted

Most Positive :)
Dec 14, 2009
Hi fierceboarders..I was out of town (off campus) for the weekend and I came back and heard that a junior basketball player at my school was killed Saturday night in a car accident :( I only met him personally a few times, but I cheered for him throughout the entire basketball season..he was a great asset to the CNU basketball program as well as the university. Please keep his family, friends, and teammates in your prayers. Thank you.

Also, something ironic-the tattoo on his chest says: Cherish Every Day

Story:
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-nws-cnu-herrmann-0418,0,5598142.story

Very sorry Lauren

Two other young men lost their lives in that crash. To the young people on here, please bear with a mom for a minute -
Please be careful when driving with friends that you don't distract each other - I have no idea what the circumstances were here, but when you have a car full of friends it is so easy to not pay attention and maybe push the speed. (The parents on here were all teenagers once (duh), and we probably all had moments driving when we could very easily have become a statistic.) One of the most nerve racking times of your life as a parent is when your children get their licenses. The families of these young men will be in my prayers.

Two other young men lost their lives in that crash. To the young people on here, please bear with a mom for a minute -
Please be careful when driving with friends that you don't distract each other - I have no idea what the circumstances were here, but when you have a car full of friends it is so easy to not pay attention and maybe push the speed. (The parents on here were all teenagers once (duh), and we probably all had moments driving when we could very easily have become a statistic.) One of the most nerve racking times of your life as a parent is when your children get their licenses. The families of these young men will be in my prayers.

:( So sad...and I completely agree. I actually drove on 64 yesterday and speeding can definitely be an easy factor for a car crash, in addition to other distracting factors such as texting, talking to friends, weather conditions etc. I did receive a CNU Alert text Saturday night about a Tornado Warning so I am curious if the weather conditions played a role in the accident as well. To my knowledge there was no alcohol involved or anything, it's very unfortunate and my heart really goes out to the friends and families..I can't even begin to imagine being a parent especially. My Mom gave me a little talking to after I told her the story. Car accidents occur too often and they happen so quickly before there is even time for a reaction. On a lighter note to help prevent car accidents-Safe and Smart driving! :) My Mom always tells me..unfortunately you cannot control other drivers, but you can control your driving, so drive smart.

Back