All-Star Unpopular Decisions...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

crazycheermom

Cheer Parent
Jan 19, 2011
It has been my experience that people can accept a decision that is unpopular or hurtful to them personally if they UNDERSTAND how that decision was reached.
If the USASF was really concerned about insurance, then publish that somewhere. If they are concerned about injuries, then publish the data that supports that decision.

Next... did I just dream this sometime or did some company/organization have "Points of Emphasis" for each year. Basically, those would be things that the organization wants to say, Hey, we need to take a look at this and start heading in a different direction. For instance, uniforms. I totally agree some are WAY too small. Instead of mandating what can/can't be worn, make that a point of emphasis for the upcoming year. Have judges make note to the effect of ...hey.. might want to check uniform... stuff is hanging out....

Same thing goes for makeup. Point of emphasis would be to move away from theatrical makeup to more natural look (if that's what they want to emphasize.) Again, all of the Points of Emphasis for the year would be ideally set by the consumers...US...what we would like to see tweaked. AND supported by LOGIC.

Bottom line is, if USASF really feels there needs to be changes made... EXPLAIN to the population LOGICALLY WHY these change are being made in steps. 1) The problem...2) possible causes of problem 3) actions taken 4) what result is expected. I think most reasonable adults, given this formula for change may not LIKE a change, but can ACCEPT it if they feel it has been done the right way.

Back