OT Upbeat Playlist For One Long Drive

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
Hey ya'll,

As some of you know, I'm moving to Georgia... on Tuesday. It's roughly a 12 hour drive down there. I tend to be a rather spacey driver when I have to drive for long stretches, and the best thing to keep me alert is upbeat, fast tunes. seeing as my Itunes was updated last circa 2008, I am in desperate need of some new songs. Suggestions? I listen to just about every genre.

(I would go to the music thread, but there's such an array of music in there, and most of it was too slow for my liking)

peace, love, happy cheering

showstopper

this is utterly fantastic, why have I never heard of this before? One question- are you limited with number of skips? I HATE that about pandora.
Yes I'm pretty sure it's the same...

My dad drove from 7pm - 4am this morning (in my truck) so I got in the car and turned on the radio to blaring broadway show tunes to keep him awake so there's always that....

Iheartradio is good too. Set up your fave stations before you go and that's that!
I love albums I can sing along to on road trips. In fact, it's the only thing that keeps me awake. So I have to pick entire albums that I know every single word to. My go-tos on every trip are:

Sublime - 40 oz to Freedom
John Legend - Get Lifted
Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits
D'Angelo - Voodoo
Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers
Outkast - Aquemini
Tha Weeknd - Trilogy
Plus a few random dance mixes and DC Go Go and other stuff.

My advice is to make some playlists of every song you ever liked in your life.

Iheartradio is good too. Set up your fave stations before you go and that's that!
I love albums I can sing along to on road trips. In fact, it's the only thing that keeps me awake. So I have to pick entire albums that I know every single word to. My go-tos on every trip are:

Sublime - 40 oz to Freedom
John Legend - Get Lifted
Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits
D'Angelo - Voodoo
Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers
Outkast - Aquemini
Tha Weeknd - Trilogy
Plus a few random dance mixes and DC Go Go and other stuff.

My advice is to make some playlists of every song you ever liked in your life.

I'm a singer too!! it seems to make the trip soooo much faster. and that's why I'm having a hard time, I'm horrible with lyrics lol so there aren't many I can sing, and if I don't know the words, I hit the next button real fast

Lately I've been really into Hunter Hayes, Demi Lovato, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Kerli, and Krewella. Most of them have new or fairly new, albums within the past few years or so.

Last summer I took an outrageous number of road trips and old music you've forgotten about is the best for those drives.

We listened to P!ATD A Fever You Can't Sweat Out probably 3-4 times all the way through. Nelly- Country Grammar was our other favorite.

Fall Out Boy- Take This To Your Grave and From Under The Cork Tree
JT- FutureSex/LoveSounds
If you have them (can't download)- Garth Brooks Double Live
Any of Queen's live albums. I'm personally a fan of Live at Wembley Stadium because that's the one I grew up on

Spotify has tons and tons of playlists sorted by genre or mood or activity. I have premium ($10/month) so I m not sure exactly what's available on the free version, but I know with mine I can download the playlists to my phone so I can listen offline. I love it. You might be able to find a way to get a free month of spotify premium, or consider getting it just for this month and canceling (there's no minimum length of membership or fee to cancel)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

this is utterly fantastic, why have I never heard of this before? One question- are you limited with number of skips? I HATE that about pandora.
you are, but the thing that is different about 8tracks is you can make your own playlist before your roadtrip so you'll know you'll like every song!

Back