All-Star Us Finals And All Levels Paid Bids.... Weird?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rudags

Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian
Dec 14, 2009
Ive been to SOOOO MANY competitions this season that gave their "Full Registration Bids" to Level 5 Teams attending Worlds who will obviously be attending Worlds instead of one of these events... Does that seem weird to anyone? Wouldnt they be more for Senior Open 5, Junior 5, and all the amazing level 1-4 teams?

I know Spirit Fest Nationals in January awarded their paid IALC bids to teams in non-World's divisions. You're right, it does seem fair that way.

Thats what I would think. I get the logics that MAYBE a level 5 team doesnt go to Worlds, and not anything towards those teams that dont get bids or choose not to go, but there are some REALLY GOOD Level 4 teams (and every level for that matter) that I feel they should go to.

us finals wont make that much money if they are giving full paid bids away to every level because most all teams there will have a full paid bid thats the purpose of going.

us finals wont make that much money if they are giving full paid bids away to every level because most all teams there will have a full paid bid thats the purpose of going.

Then give away less full paids...

So is it US FINALS people saying "Give them to level 5 teams you know have a Worlds bid already" We received our full paid bid to Worlds AND received a full paid bid to US Finals at the same comp... So I mean obviously we will choose worlds.

very true! i bet there is a rule they have to follow...like top scoring teams get paid bids. So if a level 5 worlds team gets one..OH well...thats the rule. I could look it up but im too lazy!

Both All Levels and Us finals have several events on different dates I'm sure the event producers are trying to draw the worlds teams to event scheduled before worlds...2 teams at our gym got paid bids to US finals they are level 3 and 4 the junior 3 recieved bid over a level 5 team, just my opinion for what its worth lol

Both All Levels and Us finals have several events on different dates I'm sure the event producers are trying to draw the worlds teams to event scheduled before worlds...2 teams at our gym got paid bids to US finals they are level 3 and 4 the junior 3 recieved bid over a level 5 team, just my opinion for what its worth lol

teams that are going to worlds arent allowed to attend US Finals or all levels, so it doesnt matter if there trying to attract them for an earlier date because they still cant go.

and at a competition i was at recently my team had the highest level 4 score of the day and they gave the paid bids to levels 1, 2, 3 and 5... and skipped 4. it made me mad that they gave the last one to a level 5 team that already had a bid to worlds. its ok though we got our paid like 2 weeks later

huh i didnt know they werent allowed to go if that is the case they shouldnt even qualify to recieve bids that is weird...

huh i didnt know they werent allowed to go if that is the case they shouldnt even qualify to recieve bids that is weird...

Yes... This is correct. And that is my point exactly!

and my inpression of why the even started All levels was because lower levels didn't have a worlds like comp by those event producers UCA ect... now you have me annoyed lol

maybe they should have a 'meeting' or whatever you want to call it, just how they do at worlds bid competitions to see if you would be accepting bids to go to worlds and which type of bid you would be accepting.....except meet to see which event the level 5 teams are planning to attend, for example...find out which event a senior 5 team is planning on attending...because if they are planning on attending worlds then they should not even be a candidate for the us finals or all levels bid...

i hope this wasn't too confusing i wasn't sure how else to word it haha.

When US Finals first started this restriction was not in place. It was an option for the Level 5 teams who felt they wouldn't do well at Worlds to have another option for a meaningful season ending competition without spending all that money to either go to Disney or just sit at home. It was very quickly ammended however.

maybe they should have a 'meeting' or whatever you want to call it, just how they do at worlds bid competitions to see if you would be accepting bids to go to worlds and which type of bid you would be accepting.....except meet to see which event the level 5 teams are planning to attend, for example...find out which event a senior 5 team is planning on attending...because if they are planning on attending worlds then they should not even be a candidate for the us finals or all levels bid...

i hope this wasn't too confusing i wasn't sure how else to word it haha.

Or like a tick box option on entry forms where coaches can choose if a team would like to be eligible for a US finals/All levels bid or not?

I could be wrong, but of all the paid bid-granting comps we went to this year, the only level 5 team that I know of that got a paid bid was our Youth 5. We have two level 4 teams (Youth and Senior) and one level 5 (Youth) with full paid bids this year. Our two level 5 teams are going to Worlds and never had a paid bid to US Finals. They have the first place bids that they got for winning their groups, but that's it.

A coach or gym owner can clarify, but I thought they needed to indicate on the registration if a team was eligible for US Finals.

Back