Us Finals, What A Mess!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 6, 2012
We are in va beach for us finals and what a mess. There were issues with the fire marshal,it cost spectators a small fortune to get in, and the craziest thing was they played movie trailer for a new dance movie coming out that some of our parents thought was very inappropriate. When did allstar cheer comps turn into movie theaters? The lesson I learned today is most All star gym owners/coaches are involved in cheerleading because they love the sport and kids . Comp companies are very greedy and it's all about money to them. Most cheer gyms work extreamly hard to turn a small profit while comp companies are getting rich. I don't get it. Very sad!!!

That's was why we went to US Finals once, and never went back. We had some parents that dropped their kids off and didn't go watch them because it was so expensive for them to get in.

How much was it to get in???

I've always loved US Finals in Virginia Beach. Haven't been in a couple years, but I don't remember it like that at all. :(

We were also disappointed that the video also showcased the white champions jacket stating
that if you didn't win one you were "just another athlete!"
Way to demonstrate good sportsmanship to my 7 year old CP Jam Brands:(
(yes, that was sarcasm)
3rd post

We did not go this year, but I also remember it being very expensive for my husband and I to get in over 2 days. I'm remembering maybe $20 each a day so $80 total, and no 2-day pass discount. I cannot imagine if they raised prices this year.

I believe Indy was $20 for a one-day and $35 for a two day. That's how much VB was last year too. The preview from the dance movie was shown in Indy also, and I didn't think it was inappropriate. Generally speaking, I am a prude about that stuff too, so maybe it's a different preview than the one I saw.

We were also disappointed that the video also showcased the white champions jacket stating
(yes, that was sarcasm)
3rd post
WOW. Way to alienate the vast majority of everyone who competes there, I mean only one team per division is getting that jacket. If they give a sportsmanship award it should probably not go to themselves. That's crazy.

(yes, that was sarcasm)
3rd post

Here is the video. My teams were posting it on their team facebook pages for months before US Finals. They found it motivating, and I did too. By the way, the competition companies are responsible for safe facilities, promoting the event, and all sorts of other stuff related to the competition. Teaching sportsmanship is your responsibility and the responsibility of your gym and coaches.

Here is the video. My teams were posting it on their team facebook pages for months before US Finals. They found it motivating, and I did too. By the way, the competition companies are responsible for safe facilities, promoting the event, and all sorts of other stuff related to the competition. Teaching sportsmanship is your responsibility and the responsibility of your gym and coaches.

I do find it a little amusing that they use Twisters in the video, since Twisters has never attended US Finals. :rolleyes: In general, I didn't find the video offensive though.

I do find it a little amusing that they use Twisters in the video, since Twisters has never attended US Finals. :rolleyes: In general, I didn't find the video offensive though.

Must be in the Jam Brands vault. That's really funny.

We did not go this year, but I also remember it being very expensive for my husband and I to get in over 2 days. I'm remembering maybe $20 each a day so $80 total, and no 2-day pass discount. I cannot imagine if they raised prices this year.
$20 on sat and $35 on sun.
Yep, that's what I remember. Cheersport nationals is only 20/day per person.
Wow! The $35 on Sunday is ridiculous. So two days at US Finals is $55, two days at Worlds $50? That makes sense. :rolleyes:

OK. Quick trip to their website (and by quick I mean less than a minute) solves this mystery. It is NOT $35 for Sunday. It's like almost all 2-day comps, and you pay either for one day or two. It is, just like JulieP said, $20 for one day and $35 for two, which is pretty standard pricing for a major National. I'm sorry you guys are having a bad experience but I gotta say that is pretty normal pricing to me. If that's expensive to you, don't ever compete in Chicago - I can't tell you how many times I've paid $20 for little tiny one-day comps that my cp didn't even go against anyone.

As for the sportsmanship - again, I have to go with JulieP - it's parents' and coaches' responsibility to teach that. The EP is supposed to promote competition.

I really like US Finals, and I, for one, am really glad our gym decided to go this upcoming year.

***Side note: Seems like every day of my life someone makes the wrinkeld-nose face at me and says "Oh...you're not married?" like it's a disease (I'm sure I'm just oversensitive to this, but married people...please. We single chicks know we're not married and don't need to have it pointed out at every available chance.:oops: ) But I have to say, competition day is the one time I get to be like :cheering: "NOPE! Not married!!! So that'll be just ONE spectator fee for me, thanks! Take THAT, married people!"

OK. Quick trip to their website (and by quick I mean less than a minute) solves this mystery. It is NOT $35 for Sunday. It's like almost all 2-day comps, and you pay either for one day or two. It is, just like JulieP said, $20 for one day and $35 for two, which is pretty standard pricing for a major National. I'm sorry you guys are having a bad experience but I gotta say that is pretty normal pricing to me. If that's expensive to you, don't ever compete in Chicago - I can't tell you how many times I've paid $20 for little tiny one-day comps that my cp didn't even go against anyone.

As for the sportsmanship - again, I have to go with JulieP - it's parents' and coaches' responsibility to teach that. The EP is supposed to promote competition.

I really like US Finals, and I, for one, am really glad our gym decided to go this upcoming year.

***Side note: Seems like every day of my life someone makes the wrinkeld-nose face at me and says "Oh...you're not married?" like it's a disease (I'm sure I'm just oversensitive to this, but married people...please. We single chicks know we're not married and don't need to have it pointed out at every available chance.:oops: ) But I have to say, competition day is the one time I get to be like :cheering: "NOPE! Not married!!! So that'll be just ONE spectator fee for me, thanks! Take THAT, married people!"

That is pretty standard, and I think the teams are only competing one day or the other (correct?), so probably a lot of parents will just go the one day anyway.

Back