All-Star Vegan Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow. Glad I couldn't sleep. 20 minutes ago I innocently thought "Hm, I'll check out this vegan shoe thread... it's been going a couple days..." :confused:

kristenthegreat since you live in a large city like I do, have you tried... I don't know what you would call them so here goes, trying to be politically correct... "ethnic" grocery stores? If I bought meat at the regular grocery stores in the city we'd eat meat once a week if we were lucky because of cost. I buy all my meat at the little store on my street and I think it would solve both your problems - cost and chemicals. Judging from the smell of the store (ew) and the look/taste of the meat I'm pretty sure it was a walking breathing animal about 24 hours before I buy it (as opposed to corporate stores where the meat you buy hasn't been an animal for sometimes weeks - even more ew). The store is a little sketchy looking but I'm telling you, the meat is sooooooo tasty that when I have to buy meat somewhere else now it doesn't even taste like meat, just a pile of chemicals. And it's CHEAP. I'm a broooooooke single mom and we're eating ribeyes and such. Just "food" for thought (heeee hee) since living in a big city you might have more choices than our suburban friends. Side note - their veggies are also "real" (they're the "wrong" color and funny shaped and small, like they're supposed to be - and delicious) and cheeeeeap. I can't imagine shopping in a chain store now - the prices make me faint and the food tastes like plastic to me now.

Sooooooo... Vegan shoes, huh?

kristenthegreat since you live in a large city like I do, have you tried... I don't know what you would call them so here goes, trying to be politically correct... "ethnic" grocery stores?

Sooooooo... Vegan shoes, huh?
I haven't. The city does have a wide array of grocery stores and I'm sure there is one like that (in fact, there is a little Greek grocery store a couple blocks from me that has sheep hanging in the window. Yes, real sheep). I'm just not super pressed enough to get it. Plus- since I work at restaurants and get family meal/free meal, I usually just get a meat side then if I want something.

If I do buy, I buy it in bulk. I should try the smaller ethnic grocery stores. There are 2 veggie stands in Astoria run by little old Greek ladies who get their veggies/fruits from LI/Jersey. That's where I get my produce. SO tasty!

ugy9y7a8.jpg

Would this work?
What sexy hairy legs you've got cupieqt, your husband is a lucky, lucky man :p

Totally off topic, but if you guys havent tried locally grown grain/grass fed animals you need to try it RIGHT NOW. Its kinda expensive since you have to buy the animal and then pay for processing, but you get enough meat to last you a year. And most of the time (just ask the farmer how they raise the animals) they are cruelty free and not injected with hormones. My familys been doing this for at least 5 years and I cant even eat meat bought at the store anymore. Unless its chicken cause we havent found a farmer that does chicken. But all of our beef and pork are done this way.

Yes...we have a farm near us that does this as well, but you don't have to buy the whole animal. You can just buy the ground beef, steaks, bones, etc that you want. They also do chickens and eggs. Love it...much more $$ but better.

Another reason someone might choose to be vegan: it takes a lot of grain to feed those cows and pigs. If you fed the grain to people instead of to livestock you would make a big impact on global hunger.

Watch "Forks Over Knives." This documentary doesn't so much as go into the ethical problems with today's meat farming as it shows how consuming meat and dairy is making us unhealthy.

I had a parent of a new girl ask me last night about buying her daughter some vegan shoes (ie no leather). I really want this girl to fly so she'd need flyer shoes. Do vegan cheer shoes exist and if so where?
For real? :confused::p

Maybe because Im from Cali and this isnt anything earth shattering, but it doesnt seem like a big deal for her to ask, It doesnt sound like she was rude and demanding about it. She can either get them or not. Believe me there are tons of products that are vegan.

I would've told her there's many non leather options and would that suffice?

How ironic that there is a chicken in a thread about vegan shoes....

sdt43.jpg

This makes no sense ^^^ Vegans are not scared of animals.
If you would have posted a dead chicken or a nugget... That would make sense...

And there are worse diets than vegan... You could always practice Geophagy :)

This makes no sense ^^^ Vegans are not scared of animals.
If you would have posted a dead chicken or a nugget... That would make sense...

And there are worse diets than vegan... You could always practice Geophagy :)

The post above it was talking about how the thread was random, and "oh look a chicken!" that's why the post makes sense.

Back