All-Star Was Large Senior Realllllly Dying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is actually a way better conversation than care about large senior.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I agree but didn't want to upset the people that care about whether or not Large Senior will be around in the future.

Trust me, we live modestly so that we DON'T have to make decisions like that. But we still don't have "money for a rainy day" or "college savings" for either of our girls. We live paycheck to paycheck and every single penny is spent on bills or on the kids. So does that mean we've made bad choices financially? I don't think so. I guess it all depends on what you're used to. :)

Totally agree!! Most of the All-Star parents I know live this way too myself included! and my daughter would tell you that she feels very lucky to be a All-Star Cheerleader. She has brought many of her friends into the gym over years to try the sport but not many of them have ended up staying not because the kid didnt love it( they all did) but because the parents couldn't afford it, even though they live in a huge house and drive expensive cars or the parents could not "make that kind of time commitment". My daughter would also say that I spend more time with her than any of her friends parents do mostly because of all-star cheer. I feel its all about priorities and if you have your kid in this sport they must be your number one priority...lol!! Now would I mortage a house to keep her in the sport she loves...probably not?? but I would do pretty much everything short of that!

I wish I could quote all you moms, but as a daughter of a woman who scrimped and saved and had my grandma do alterations to costumes to put me through 5 beautiful years of competition dance as well as almost any sport I asked to do (besides the extremely ridiculous/pricey ones like horseback riding!), I'd just like to say 'Thanks!' Right now my Christmas presents all come from Kohl's (where my mother works, even though she's miserable there- a job's a job!) with her employee discount so that we get something from her (she's tech a single mom!). Even then it's usually just new clothes that I need (for jobs!) plus jewelry and fun nick-nacks. We as your kids really do appreciate it! Some of my favorite times were long dance comp weekends with my mom and my sister..the same way you all spend hours with your daughters (and even sons!) giving them a shot at a sport they love!

Medium is the new large.

Back