All-Star Was Large Senior Realllllly Dying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would still not refinance my house for cheerleading. For college tuition? Yes. Cheerleading? Not so much.

I would still not refinance my house for cheerleading. For college tuition? Yes. Cheerleading? Not so much.

People refinance their houses so they can buy new cars, a boat, a camper, etc. etc.. Why not to keep their kids in a sport?

People refinance their houses so they can buy new cars, a boat, a camper, etc. etc.. Why not to keep their kids in a sport?

Housing crisis?

I probably wouldn't do it for any of those reasons either. Get into more debt to buy something that creates even more debt. No thanks. The only time I refinanced my home was when I need to pay off high interest debt, and a home equity loan/refinance was a MUCH lower interest rate than credit cards, etc. Never to buy something else to rack up more debt. To me, that is not a responsible manner in which to keep your financial affairs. I am SURE tons of people do it everyday...but I would not incur another debt to buy something or pay for sports tuition. I would get another job, sacrifice other luxuries, but not incur more debt.

Wouldn't paying off high interest credit cards be the same as using your refinance for "things". Usually credit cards are used to buy "things" we couldn't afford to begin with. ;) That's how it's always been for me anyway. haha Not saying it's wrong, just trying to make a point. ;)

Wouldn't paying off high interest credit cards be the same as using your refinance for "things". Usually credit cards are used to buy "things" we couldn't afford to begin with. ;) That's how it's always been for me anyway. haha Not saying it's wrong, just trying to make a point. ;)

Credit cards were a dumb thing for me to have when I was in my early 20s LOL! So when I could get rid of REALLY high APRs and use a home equity loan or whatever at 4%...yah, that was the way to go. I was young and dumb...lesson learned. i would not incur those types of debts now.

Gotcha. Same here. Lessons learned. But MOST people are not like that. They'll spend spend spend on themselves but when it comes to extras for the kids, they can't afford it. Burns me up...as you can obviously tell! LMBO

Yeah, I guess I just think of the financial choices people make. We carry no debt (besides mortgage and one car) and I just can't imagine incurring more debt for cheer. If we have to scrimp to pay for it, I am down. I will gladly eat ramen, mac n cheese, Big K cola instead of eating at expensive restaurants. That is fine. Just... getting a 2nd mortgage for a house just seems like a not smart choice.

I don't drive a 5 year old purple(wifes old car) Mazda 3 because I dig girly cars. I drive less than 10,000 miles a year and I don't see the point in a $600 dollar payment for a BMW that I wont really use when that can go to college savings.

I don't drive a 5 year old purple(wifes old car) Mazda 3 because I dig girly cars. I drive less than 10,000 miles a year and I don't see the point in a $600 dollar payment for a BMW that I wont really use when that can go to college savings.

Look at you saving for Livi's college already! Wish my parents did that! I hate student loans!

Trust me, we live modestly so that we DON'T have to make decisions like that. But we still don't have "money for a rainy day" or "college savings" for either of our girls. We live paycheck to paycheck and every single penny is spent on bills or on the kids. So does that mean we've made bad choices financially? I don't think so. I guess it all depends on what you're used to. :)

Look at you saving for Livi's college already! Wish my parents did that! I hate student loans!

Trying! Preparing in case my company (day job) doesn't sell out one day. If it does sell out... let's just say I could do Fierce full time without any worries. Haha.

whats wrong with showing small sr?
Everyone expected them to show the top 3 large senior routines fully after they asked them to compete again for an ESPN showing... they didn't even show those routines on tv and took up half the broadcast showing soo many small senior teams.

Trust me, we live modestly so that we DON'T have to make decisions like that. But we still don't have "money for a rainy day" or "college savings" for either of our girls. We live paycheck to paycheck and every single penny is spent on bills or on the kids. So does that mean we've made bad choices financially? I don't think so. I guess it all depends on what you're used to. :)

We are in the same boat...I work two jobs to pay for cheer and many times when there is multiple things due (like tuition and tryout fees) we don't eat out. As for Christmas, luckily my dad pays for most of the kids presents..I have to stay off Fierceboard for at least a week after the holidays so I don't have to read about Susie getting every Ipod ever created plus the whole line of Ugg boots. Even if I had the money for that I still wouldn't spend it that way. The reward is I get to watch my child do something she loves and when she does receive something nice (like her Tom shoes) she really appreciates it.
We haven't saved for college either but being an ex air force brat and serving in the Navy, my kids have been told they can exchange 4 short years for all the college they want.
Now that we've hijacked the thread....how about that Large senior division?

Back