High School Weird Hs Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's not really tracked unfortunately. I'm sure plenty of MA HS athletes miss HS events for club events all the time. They really will only get in trouble if somebody reports them. Kind of just like with out of season practices, I know tons of teams who hold them, but don't get in trouble because nobody reports them.

I mean where's the harm in Sally Sue missing a practice or two for cheer because two games are rescheduled on a day that typically wouldn't mess with cheer? What is the justification for this rule? Like what is the big deal if Sally cheers AS? It's not like she's a pro athlete trying to compete on the HS level. I could get if there were instances where the AS program and Hs programs in a small town were identical, but what are the chances of that?

I did not know WV had that rule. It somewhat explains why the top HS teams have such talent. They are probably all opting for HS because there are very few gyms.

I do not even know where WV kids cheer if they cheer all stars. Do they opt to drive to MD/VA gyms?

Famous Superstars is a pretty big gym in WV and has a worlds team, and is opening a second location next season I believe.

I did not know WV had that rule. It somewhat explains why the top HS teams have such talent. They are probably all opting for HS because there are very few gyms.

I do not even know where WV kids cheer if they cheer all stars. Do they opt to drive to MD/VA gyms?
They could to Elite Cheer Sensation or Famous Superstars as someone stated :p

They could to Elite Cheer Sensation or Famous Superstars as someone stated :p

ECS is on the other side of the state of VA, and shortest drive would be around 2.5 hours. Do people actually travel from WV to ECS?

WV is interesting because it's bordered by some legit cheer states. VA, MD, KY and OH are all neighboring states.

ECS is on the other side of the state of VA, and shortest drive would be around 2.5 hours. Do people actually travel from WV to ECS?

WV is interesting because it's bordered by some legit cheer states. VA, MD, KY and OH are all neighboring states.
oh... well... thats embarassing...

oh... well... thats embarassing...
I'm sure they do travel- I have a Senior who was considering Cali Reckless and was all for making the drive 3 hours away... One of our CF coaches drives 3 times a week (6 hr drive) because he's on Nfinity - back and fourth to San Diego, I live an hour from the High school program I coach- and another half hour from CF- the things everyone does for cheer

Latest posts

Back