High School What Colors Have You Worn?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

From an observational standpoint, I like:

*The look of a bright teal with a navy (think Jacksonville Jaguars.)

*Dark navy and Vegas gold. (Think Rams)

Not the biggest fan of:

*Reds and greens together. (A team doesn't come to mind but think Xmas.)

*Browns and golds. (I have seen a HS team be brown and gold and it is just hard to get visuals like signs and poms to pop.)

*Red/Blue/Yellow together. Something about those 3 together is not aesthetically pleasing.

I love a white uni lol.

I know they’re impractical and not always flattering, but they look so luxe under stadium lights and they really pop against the mats.

From a practical standpoint I think black, gold and white would be my preferred combo. Black because then you can buy all those Varsity backpacks/etc. without clashing (I'm a real stickler for stuff like that). Gold because then the UCA jackets automatically match :) Plus with the direction that cheer music is going, if gold is already your color you could have lyrics that say something like "we wear the gold year round," "we got here wearing gold" etc. etc.

ETA: and yeah red, blue and yellow is a lot. Losal has those colors. There seems to be a correlation between great teams and terrible colors. Live Oak, Mater Dei, Losal, etc.

Last edited:
-Black with red and white design stripes
-White, gold and red with black letters.
-Gold/yellow with white and back stripes on the sleeves and bottom of skirt
-Subliminated white with blue and black
-Sublimated red, black and gold
-Black with white
-Black with gold and red
-White sublimated with green and blue and sparkles
-Black with white across the chest and gold/yellow lettering.
-Black with lots of sparkles and a little bit of green and blue.

(I’ve been doing this a long time, but wow have I had a lot of unis!)

Favorite was the white sublimated with green and blue. It was a tank/shorts uniform for all-star prep, but I loved it.

Worst were two school unis- the black and white(middle school, yikes!!) and the black with white across chest and yellow letters. They were both so plain, and just so ugly.

I wore
Green/Gold for Allstar
Green/Gold for High School
Red/ Black/White for Allstar
Navy/Carolina/White/Silver for College

My favorite combo is blood red/maroon and light blue with grey and red in a close second.

I think my perfect color combo would be black, gold, purple and white. TBH I just saw it in a Varsity catalog and it ticks all my boxes: black so you can buy in stock bags/dance pants/etc., gold because gold, purple because it’s my favourite. It even ticks the four-color scheme that seems to be popular in uni designs these days.

Fun question! My favorite was blue and yellow because those are some of my favorite colors! My favorite uniform was the red, black, and white one even though I don’t really look good in red.

8th grade cheer - Blue and white
9th grade cheer and varsity - Blue, Black, and white
1st all star gym - purple, white, and black
2nd all star gym - red, black, and white
3rd all star gym and the gym I coached at for 4 years during college and grad school - blue and yellow
College - navy, red, and white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than my highschool colours (where I cheered sideline only) I really like all the colours I've worn!

1st allstar gym: teal black and white
2nd allstar gym: red, purple and black
HS: green and gold (read:yellow except one uniform)
3rd allstar gym: red and gold

I've also coached at 2 separate gyms: red and black, and now blue and red!

- Orange, blue and white for a long time
-Green and gold
- Blue and white

Fav was green and gold. Orange looks horible on me hahaha!

Black, gold, white for youth.
Royal blue, gold, white for middle school.
Black, gold, white in high school.
Baby blue, black, white for Allstars.
Navy, gold, white in college
Black, red and white for the open team

Combinations I hate...
Green & yellow (hello John deere)
Brown & anything. The Bambies do it as best they can but its still awful
Silver & anything
Bright red & baby blue

My whole career has been royal blue as a primary color. Trim colors of white, gray, and red depending on the situation.

Edited to add:

I did spend some time in blue and gold as a middle school basketball player, hunter green in travel baseball, and any number of colors as a competitive adult softball player.

High school - Black and Old Gold (which is not cute), but we got away with Vegas Gold which is much prettier.

Allstar World team and Senior 4 - Navy Blue and white, with a little bit of silver, which is the colors of our gym.

Same gym...but open team - Dark Blue and White

Same gym...same team...new uni - Black with White accents, because team name is NightHawks

College cheer - Purple, Gray, and Black. I don’t think I ever got to wear a white uni there and I’m kind of bitter about it.

Latest posts

Back