All-Star What Do You Wear To Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 28, 2010
Do you have certain practice wear?
Or do you get to wear whatever?

We have certain clothes to wear for each day, also with a matching sports bra, spankys, and bow... i love it! I think it makes a team look more neat and looking just a like...but in the summer we dont have a scheduale... we get practice clothes around September?

Also if yall have any pictures of your practice wear, then post! I'd love to see some fierce outfits haha :)

We have everyone wear black shorts and red tank tops. It's easy (most people don't have to buy something new because they already have black shorts and a red tank top) and everybody looks unified, so nobody stands out because of a neon shirt or something.

We have everyone wear black shorts and red tank tops. It's easy (most people don't have to buy something new because they already have black shorts and a red tank top) and everybody looks unified, so nobody stands out because of a neon shirt or something.

Thats good! And easy because we have to buy everything seperately...does that apply even with competition season?

Thats good! And easy because we have to buy everything seperately...does that apply even with competition season?

Yep. :] We don't see a need for everybody to have to buy a separate outfit to practice in when the purpose can be achieved with stuff they already have. Occasionally we'll have days where they wear something else (like shirts they all made together at a sleepover, or we'll have "purple day", "70s day", etc.) but for the most part that's what they wear year round.

We don't have particular practice clothes, in order to keep costs down. Instead, our girls are required to wear any of 4 colors (red, black, white or gray) to maintain some sort of order. Occassionally, they'll all wear black shorts and their camp tshirt if we need them to be more uniform.

I totally understand "why" our gym does it this way, but as a coach, sometimes I wish the girls all matched.

Yep. :] We don't see a need for everybody to have to buy a separate outfit to practice in when the purpose can be achieved with stuff they already have. Occasionally we'll have days where they wear something else (like shirts they all made together at a sleepover, or we'll have "purple day", "70s day", etc.) but for the most part that's what they wear year round.

Yeah! We have a ''Spirit Week'' at my gym where there are different days that we wear! Everyone loves it :)

We don't have particular practice clothes, in order to keep costs down. Instead, our girls are required to wear any of 4 colors (red, black, white or gray) to maintain some sort of order. Occassionally, they'll all wear black shorts and their camp tshirt if we need them to be more uniform.

I totally understand "why" our gym does it this way, but as a coach, sometimes I wish the girls all matched.

That's how my coach is! Like if we wear our blue and black outfit one day and someone doesn't have their shirt or something then they have to find the closest color to what we wear that day...and she freaks if we dont match lol :p

i agree with you! or maybe if you have 2 practices a week and one tumble, have one practice be red, next gray and tumble even one of the other two or even a different team shirt maybe for inspiration? lol i know that works for me![:

i agree with you! or maybe if you have 2 practices a week and one tumble, have one practice be red, next gray and tumble even one of the other two or even a different team shirt maybe for inspiration? lol i know that works for me![:

That's a good idea!!!

Usually wear sports bra or T-shirt and spandex. We have practice T-shirts but don't ever really wear them, we wear what we want the majority of the time but sometimes we all have to wear a certain color top and bottom. It doesn't usually matter if everyones wearing the same shirt and spandex as long as were all wearing the same color.

my team wears whatever we want (though it must be practice appropriate.) my gym sells practice wear but we aren't required to wear it on any certain days.

My gym has a practice uniform that we wear all competition season and it's a navy blue t-shirt with or gym name on the front and CHEERLEADER on the back (there are also ones for coaches that say STAFF on the back) with hot pink soffes. I add a blue and pink bow :)

My gym has a practice uniform that we wear all competition season and it's a navy blue t-shirt with or gym name on the front and CHEERLEADER on the back (there are also ones for coaches that say STAFF on the back) with hot pink soffes. I add a blue and pink bow :)
O yeah! i totally forgot to put a bow into my list of what i wear to practice lol :)

Back