What Exactly Is This? (baskets)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 17, 2012
Just a small question:
I often see this in basket tosses. The flyer will do a toe touch and then "snap back". I'll post some links below for you to see what I'm talking about. I could've sworn that I read something about a "toe touch snapback" a couple months back, but I Google those words and nothing comes up pertaining to stunts. I've seen some toe touch baskets in high school cheer that look extremely amateur, and some flyers don't bring their chest up nearly as well as some of the allstars do. Sorry if that sounds confusing.
At about 2:17 and 5:41

As far as the actual toe touch in the basket, ones like this are ridiculously gorgeous!
Toe Touch Basket Toss
Compared to something like this, which is what I see sometimes in high school cheer:
Toe Touch Basket Toss (Read Description Please) - YouTube
(By no means am I calling that one bad; I did read the description and they actually were amateurs at baskets at that point.)
or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ag1jiDxbu

If you're confused, please let me know and I'll try to find better videos for ya! :)

I know in high school cheer you can't arch too much because your head can't go below your waist. But I have always grown up with toe touch baskets having archs at the end. I don't think the arch makes it a different skill, just adds to it. So its a toe-touch arch! haha:)

Agreed^. It's just the toe touch basket with an arch. Most allstar teams do them that way nowadays, it just enhances the look of the basket and makes it a lot prettier IMO.

I've never thought of a toe touch basket without an arch, but have always seen teams that can't execute the arch properly...I feel like you can't call it a toe touch basket without the arch

I've never thought of a toe touch basket without an arch, but have always seen teams that can't execute the arch properly...I feel like you can't call it a toe touch basket without the arch
It is still a toe touch basket! As someone commented above, it was illegal for HS to do the arch until this season. Now that inversions are legal for HS, you will be seeing a lot more baskets like this at the HS competitions. It was really hard to get girls not to do the arch, now they are free to do it and, yes it is much prettier and now legal.

It is still a toe touch basket! As someone commented above, it was illegal for HS to do the arch until this season. Now that inversions are legal for HS, you will be seeing a lot more baskets like this at the HS competitions. It was really hard to get girls not to do the arch, now they are free to do it and, yes it is much prettier and now legal.

I feel out of it... I didn't even know it was illegal for HS anyways... LOL thank you though! And thank you everyone! :)

I know in high school cheer you can't arch too much because your head can't go below your waist. But I have always grown up with toe touch baskets having archs at the end. I don't think the arch makes it a different skill, just adds to it. So its a toe-touch arch! haha:)

I didn't do all-star until college, and I think I got us a deduction in high school for arching after a pike. It was just a natural body position to do. Oops.

Latest posts

Back