All-Star What Is Happening To Our Sport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

She is a former cheerleader, so I don't see the issue. Just IMO but I love the fact that she plans to have more for the athletes than just the 2 1/2 minutes on the mat- classes and workshops to Help build skills. Can't tell you how tired I am of paying to get into a competition to watch 2.5 minutes then having to entertain my cp for the rest of the day. It costs enough just to go without adding anything else.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
That's what I love about dance conventions..kids get to compete and take classes the entire competition,with the chance to win scholarships and free entry fees to other dance convention. It lesses the blow of how much I have to pay,if not only do I get to see my cp compete,but she also gets to learn new things and maybe take home some "money". I think cheerleaders, coaches & parents alike would love a convection type competition. I know we do..

Everybody is making valid points. I'm sure that she wants to impact the girls positively, any business plan that included anything else would be a poor one. She has the background and there is a need. This season seems to be full of new ideas and EP's. I do like that it's not geared to The elite only, invitation only. That seemed to be the only newer options that I've seen.

So the cheer moms will now have a voice!!

The Fierce Board App! || If you're not on Fierce Board, I question your commitment.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
very-drunk.gif

I think this could be a fun thing! We always liked going to Jam Live because it was a little different than the rest of the cookie-cutter comps, quick scoring, red carpet, etc.
As for Paula's experience, this woman cheered and danced at a time when all-star didn't even exist. So before you find fault with the fact that she didn't compete in "our" sport, and how dare she try to be involved, remember that the biggest industry names never competed all-star either.
The only negative that I see is having her actual name attached to the name of the comp. It's tacky and doesn't lend a bit of credibility.
But if there is an open bar for parents, you'll know where to find me.

When I first glanced at this post I mixed up my Paulas and thought it was Paula DEEN making a cheer competition, All I could think is "What in the world is happening, Is she trying to make some kind of weird come back?" luckily I was wrong.
Anyways, I would love to have workshops with our competitions. And because she has an established name and has been talking to some cheer gyms, she might be able to pull some great coaches in to teach them.

Am I the only one not sure about these workshops? As a coach I am not letting my athletes go to a workshop prior to competing and risking injury hours before we take the floor. Unless these workshops are skill free I'm not sure they'll do that great. However I'm glad to see new EP's coming into the game and fresh ideas to help make the industry as a whole better!

Am I the only one not sure about these workshops? As a coach I am not letting my athletes go to a workshop prior to competing and risking injury hours before we take the floor. Unless these workshops are skill free I'm not sure they'll do that great. However I'm glad to see new EP's coming into the game and fresh ideas to help make the industry as a whole better!

i thought i saw that at least one workshop was nutrition/eating disorder focused. i know she had an ED at one point so that's an important area for her. if they were more informational seminars than skill-building, i don't see many kids going unless their coaches make them. not because they'd be awful, but i know if i were at a comp trying to get focused and ready to compete, i wouldn't be sitting through that. and then after awards i'd like to go home... i will be following this, though. ya never know. it could be the next big thing.

Back