All-Star What Is The Best Way To Distribute Worlds Bids?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Have you ever compared a few teams or do you carry around a stack of scoresheets so that you can score each one?

Of course I have compared teams, but I'm not one of the judges. My comment was meant to mean that if the judges didn't use scores, then how would they determine the standard to judge by, not just, Wow I like them, or They look better today thean they did yesterday. Those would be my comments and yes I would and do write down touches, falls and stunt issues. My point is that would the judges use what the lay person uses to judge the team's routine and handout bids using this method? Scores need to be used to determine who gets the bids. I'm not saying that what is going on now is the perfect method, because I will agree something needs to change... Maybe scores should not be the only factor when considering who the bid goes to.

Of course I have compared teams, but I'm not one of the judges. My comment was meant to mean that if the judges didn't use scores, then how would they determine the standard to judge by, not just, Wow I like them, or They look better today thean they did yesterday. Those would be my comments and yes I would and do write down touches, falls and stunt issues. My point is that would the judges use what the lay person uses to judge the team's routine and handout bids using this method? Scores need to be used to determine who gets the bids. I'm not saying that what is going on now is the perfect method, because I will agree something needs to change... Maybe scores should not be the only factor when considering who the bid goes to.

Experienced judges don't need score sheets to place teams. Event Producers need them to justify it to customers.

Read Blink (http://www.gladwell.com/blink/) for more insight.

Latest posts

Back