What Should I Do To Get My Standing Tuck?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 18, 2012
I'm working on my backhand spring, round-off & back walkover right now. I want my standing tuck before comp tryouts in August. What are some exercises / drills/ anything that I can do to help me get my tuck quicker? I'm literally desperate to get this for comp. Thank you for your help! :)

Try the Whitney Love 'tuck' conditioning. She runs the website 'for the love of tumbling' and has a conditioning set aimed at helping develop your legs and core for a standing tuck.

Stay focused and don't give up! It is the one skill that truly gave my daughter a hard time..

Try the Whitney Love 'tuck' conditioning. She runs the website 'for the love of tumbling' and has a conditioning set aimed at helping develop your legs and core for a standing tuck.
We do this like every practice and it helps A LOT. I had my tuck before we started this, but I can honestly say that this has helped EVERYONE on my team.

Take it one skill at a time. Set reasonable goals and work as hard as you can to achieve them! Don't overwhelm yourself trying to learn too many skills at once.

I got my back handspring within my first three months of cheering. Three months after I got my standing and running tuck. Two months after I got my layout. Four month after I got my running full.
My coaches would not let me proceed to the next skill until I had correct form as well and could preform it in the routine.
You can master anything ( and clean ) easily with the right mindset.

For starters I went to every open gym available eager to learn. I never held back anything because of nerves. If I got nervous I told myself "My professional and trained coaches wouldnt let me do something if I wasnt ready for it".

Being in shape helps. Most of my conditioning was set up by my coaches.
I recommend: (per day)
-50 tuck jumps
-50 push ups
-100 crunches
-2 mile runs
-lots of planks!!
practice jumps not only helps your jumps but is a good form of exercise
*on top of practice

Anythings possible and listen to your body!:shimmy:

Back