High School What Would You Do? Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Don't do what's best for the team. Do what's best for the child. Redo the routine without her in it. Unfortunately, with 15 girls you do need 3 groups in MA or you'll be dropped a range in scoring for stunting. Are you currently stunting at 9-10 or 7-9? It might be worth taking the hit in stunting if you can nail the rest of the scoresheet. Look at the whole scoresheet when rearranging your routine and remember that stunting difficulty is worth 10 out of 110. This is NOT where most comps are won or lost. If you take out the additional three, what does it do to your tumbling? What about your pyramid? Can someone else fly in her part just in pyramid? You can do more with 15 than 12. Good luck with your decision. I think you already know what to do. Everyone in MA that has been around for a while would support you based on what happened to the girl who died. I'm sure your AD and principal would support you as well.

Don't do what's best for the team. Do what's best for the child. Redo the routine without her in it. Unfortunately, with 15 girls you do need 3 groups in MA or you'll be dropped a range in scoring for stunting. Are you currently stunting at 9-10 or 7-9? It might be worth taking the hit in stunting if you can nail the rest of the scoresheet. Look at the whole scoresheet when rearranging your routine and remember that stunting difficulty is worth 10 out of 110. This is NOT where most comps are won or lost. If you take out the additional three, what does it do to your tumbling? What about your pyramid? Can someone else fly in her part just in pyramid? You can do more with 15 than 12. Good luck with your decision. I think you already know what to do. Everyone in MA that has been around for a while would support you based on what happened to the girl who died. I'm sure your AD and principal would support you as well.

Made the decision last night - we dropped to 12 - I had three girls graciously volunteer to take themselves out after evaluating the situation. I just cannot see my sick girl being cleared and/or even having the stamina and endurance to complete this routine. I'm sure her mother will have some unkind words to me, but I just cannot bring myself to be "okay" with putting her back in.

Our goal for the next two weeks:
- Rework formations
- Fix stunt groups (one back; one base (they should work, as these are both strong girls & have based/backed the stunts before when @ 3)
- Some girls will have to learn new parts of the dance
- Pyramid will stay the same as we already had only a 3 group pyramid (and I have a girl who can fly in prep for it)

I have faith these girls can pull through and make it work. Send positive vibes our way that this all works out!

Made the decision last night - we dropped to 12 - I had three girls graciously volunteer to take themselves out after evaluating the situation.

Kudos to these these three girls. They are the epitome of what it means to be a team player. I am sure they would've loved to compete, but did what's best for the team. I hope your sick athlete feels better soon. Although it will be hard for her to watch her team compete, it is what's best for her. Just letting go of the stress of having to get back as soon as possible will help her to get better faster. Finally, good luck this season.

Back