All-Star What Would You Include In Your Dream Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 9, 2012
My gym is in the process of moving to a brand new facility - very exciting! It's a blank canvas and we've had so many discussions about what we would like it to include, what's necessary and what isn't. So I thought just for fun, if money was no issue what would your dream gym include? Anything from boring and practical to insane and expensive - would love to hear!

If money was no object I'd love
- A big, beautiful, quiet space for athletes to do homework and relax before classes
- The ability to film the tumble track and show people their technique etc
- Sprung floor to match our gym colours, just cause
- A fridge constantly stocked with healthy food and drink

Reliable wifi service, maybe even a printer. Athelete lounge for during breaks w/ a TV. Comfortable parent lounge for commuters (if you have people that travel long distances). Refridgerator and microwave.

AC for the summer if you are in an area where it gets hot.

Epuipment-wise, it is ideal to have a pit in addition to everything you said.

Office space, I know a lot gyms have that now but I'm talking about organized office space. One for registering members who make a team, one for counseling, a break room, (which most have already) a break room for staff, and so on.

I think every team should have their own practice spot I see a lot of gyms that uses the same practice same spot for multiple teams.

Flat Screen TV's for each room so the parents can watch what's going on without actually being in the gym.

A lock code that only athletics and staff know so that parents who like to start drama or just blame the coaches for everything won't be able to get into the actual gym without a legit reason, and interrupt practice.

Free water for the kids. and free snack area for those who don't have money to spare. I'd do a lot of stuff.

I love the live video feed into the parent lounge instead of a parent viewing area with windows.

Fills the "I need to see" void without the concern of parents tapping on windows to get kid's attention.

I love the live video feed into the parent lounge instead of a parent viewing area with windows.

Fills the "I need to see" void without the concern of parents tapping on windows to get kid's attention.
We have that now and it is a nice option for those who like to stay and watch. It's actually the only option for the main floor because there is no longer a viewing window after the owners reconfigured the parent room. The old parent room was more of the SM-nose-pressed-against-the-glass variety. It also works well for the coaches because they can just cut the live feed if they want to have a closed practice.

I agree with a floor pit.
Enough room to have ample practice space and practice time for all of your teams.
A non spring panel for athletes to practice to prepare for college cheer.
Lockers for athletes. Every gym has someone with sticky fingers and it bothers me to no end that gyms don't have a secure place for athletes to put their things.
It is more important to me that athletes are treated equally and fairly and parents are treated with respect versus having a state of the art facility with lots of perks.

Every gym has someone with sticky fingers and it bothers me to no end that gyms don't have a secure place for athletes to put their things.

Yep.

My niece loves to work out at the Y. She never uses a locker. Her mom and I tell her to do it all the time. Like 2 months ago, someone stole her iPhone :/

I'd love a parent workout area

yes! there's an ice rink in NJ with the whole upstairs as a fully functioning gym. they also have pilates classes (and a dance studio room for the off ice training for the figure skaters.) the whole gym has like a plexiglass wall so you can see down to the ice. if i had a child training there, i'd love to kill two birds with one stone and get a full workout and still quietly watch Susie practice.

Two competition sized spring floors, tumble track, maybe a pit. Parent area with TV and comfortable seating. Athlete lounge area with comfortable seating as well as a microwave and fridge. Also an area with changing booths, lockers, benches and an athlete bathroom right outside the practice area. Office with counter but also a closed off area for talks with athletes and/or parents in private. Oh, and a pro shop :)

Latest posts

Back