High School What’s It Like In Your State?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter here in CT coaches HS and had had practices until Christmas break, now the governor has shut them down so they really can’t practice anything or compete but they can go cheer those boys on in basketball if they want!! Today now the governor decides if her All Star team can continue
Fingers crossed for AS!!!

I have just started to see some schools in CO posting practice vids so it looks like they'e back to in person practices and stunting with masks.

So I’m going just going to say... what they’re doing to CA is really kinda sad- I personally am fine with sports or no sports this year (many of us called the season a long time ago) but there are a lot of athletes being “strung along”... feel bad with the WAY they are handling the sports situation out here, constantly telling them to continue to “condition” and giving them the idea that there MIGHT be a possibility to have a season- just sad to give kids false hope. Everything is attached to a system that makes it mathematically impossible to compete in their respective season :/

So I’m going just going to say... what they’re doing to CA is really kinda sad- I personally am fine with sports or no sports this year (many of us called the season a long time ago) but there are a lot of athletes being “strung along”... feel bad with the WAY they are handling the sports situation out here, constantly telling them to continue to “condition” and giving them the idea that there MIGHT be a possibility to have a season- just sad to give kids false hope. Everything is attached to a system that makes it mathematically impossible to compete in their respective season :/

YES. Just call it and be done with it at this point. It's infuriating to keep stringing them along and making them condition with all these guidelines with no real end in sight.

YES. Just call it and be done with it at this point. It's infuriating to keep stringing them along and making them condition with all these guidelines with no real end in sight.
Yes!!! 100% I feel EVERY other state has handled sports WAY better than us... even the ones or ONE that just said NO because then athletes could just focus on the now and future respectively.

Bumping up.

Most states are allowing sports to come back and some decided to move their fall seasons to allow athletes to play. UCA got moved to late April so with fingers crossed I hope everyone is sorted out by then, even if it means competing virtually.

Bumping up.

Most states are allowing sports to come back and some decided to move their fall seasons to allow athletes to play. UCA got moved to late April so with fingers crossed I hope everyone is sorted out by then, even if it means competing virtually.
No NHSCC this year where I am as it falls outside of our competition season this year. Sad, but excited for everyone who got a second chance with the date change.

Teams here have been recording for Nationals since they can't travel overnight without quarantining for 2 weeks. Most of the school teams have done some of the close Deep South competitions that they can do in person, along with the All Star teams, since they don't get state and Nationals.

Back