When Should You Start Booking Hotels For Competitions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 30, 2016
I checked to see if there was another thread about this but i didn't see any. I am new to all star cheer and this forum but when do you guys normally start booking hotels? Our first competition is in late November and some of the moms on our team already booked hotels past November. Do hotels go by quicker for certain competitions. It seems early to get hotels for competitions in February, March, etc. but I wouldnt know.

I would ask your coach/owner. Often teams are required to stay together as a team, other times, not, or your club may get a hotel block at a better rate. Some teams may prefer to keep athletes with athletes (or with their parents only) to save on costs as well, so I would suggest asking them and seeing when you are allowed to book as well. Gyms may have selected a competition, but not entered yet and the competition may change for a variety of reasons. Once you have the details and the ok from your coach/owner, go a book early

I tend to book in May when the gym releases our competition schedule. I prefer to stay at the closest hotel to the venue, so by booking early I am more likely to get what hotel I want.

I start the minute the hotel information is released. If you want to try to stay with the team and there are many choices I would ask your team mom for a suggestion. Most (but not all) of ours this year do not charge a deposit when you book it. We booked a hotel for an April competition back in June!

I agree with @all4sarah- I book as soon as I get the information from the gym.

"Today I will do what what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't!"

I would ask your coach/owner. Often teams are required to stay together as a team, other times, not, or your club may get a hotel block at a better rate. Some teams may prefer to keep athletes with athletes (or with their parents only) to save on costs as well, so I would suggest asking them and seeing when you are allowed to book as well. Gyms may have selected a competition, but not entered yet and the competition may change for a variety of reasons. Once you have the details and the ok from your coach/owner, go a book early
We just got our list on Friday and we booked all rooms within 30 minutes of receiving the schedule.

Back