All-Star Which Is More Difficult?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

just_kay_today

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Which is more difficult, the power press tic toc, the high-high or the low prep (ala Starlites/GA 2011)?

Which is more difficult to stunt, and perform consistently? Which is scored higher? Why?

For me personally, I think high to high is the easiest. And i think sponge to high like Lites and Panthers is really hard. That's just from experience.

And scoring wise, it depends where you go. Some places just want you to have some sort of release or twist or inversion and you'll score great. Other places, you need the difficulty.

Which is more difficult, the power press tic toc, the high-high or the low prep (ala Starlites/GA 2011)?

Which is more difficult to stunt, and perform consistently? Which is scored higher? Why?
Tis the million dollar question!! I personally think power press stretch to stretch is harder than high to high LIB to stretch BUT high to high stretch to body position is harder. Now as to which scores where I have NO CLUE and I have asked a few judges and they seem to fall back on "execution" but each performed the same I haven't received a solid answer. I guess it just falls on personal preference. But good question!!

Tis the million dollar question!! I personally think power press stretch to stretch is harder than high to high LIB to stretch BUT high to high stretch to body position is harder. Now as to which scores where I have NO CLUE and I have asked a few judges and they seem to fall back on "execution" but each performed the same I haven't received a solid answer. I guess it just falls on personal preference. But good question!!
My group and I can do high to high stretch to scorp like its nobody's business. But it helps that i'm taller than most.

They most likely score about the same. The power press is easier than the high to high with the same body positions.

A power press lib to lib is easier than a high to high lib. But a power press stretch to stretch is a bit harder than a high to high lib to stretch. The most difficult (without spinning) is high to high stretch. The power press gives more time for the switch.

Oh, and front to back tick tocking is a good bit easier because less flight time is required. This is not to say any of this is easy, it is just to say what is the arrangement of difficulty.

I think you over reading it
Body positions being the same high should score higher.

Waiting for the day someone does squad high to high stretch with all girls groups.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Waiting for the day someone does squad high to high stretch with all girls groups.

Watch UCA high school nationals over the last ummm say 10 years.

never watched it. link?

oh, and one of the reasons allstar is behind on stretch to stretch is the more flexibile you are at heel stretches the HARDER it is to tick tock them. a UCA college heel stretch is way easier to tick tock because its way lower. That doesn't mean its easy. But the difficulty is exponential as the stretch gets above 45 degrees.

Didn't CEA Sr. Elite do it with all girl groups?? And our Youth 4/5 team just did them at the first practice they ever tried them last night. Am I missing something?

Didn't CEA Sr. Elite do it with all girl groups?? And our Youth 4/5 team just did them at the first practice they ever tried them last night. Am I missing something?

high to high stretch to stretch? I just hadn't seen it competed. It is one of my favorite transitions.

Back