College Which Schools Give Scholarships For Cheering In College?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

History has shown most everything you say is trolling or lies.
Why? Because I state my opinion like everyone else? Please tell me what I have posted recently that made you think I was a troll. It's not my fault you guys can't help but make a mockery out my every post.

Why? Because I state my opinion like everyone else? Please tell me what I have posted recently that made you think I was a troll. It's not my fault you guys can't help but make a mockery out my every post.
Your first comment was slightly combative, as if you were pointing out that everyone was just making a rude assumption even though the OP was very accepting of all advice. However, these are college coaches, current/former college cheerleaders, and the parents of college cheerleaders, they know what they're talking about and have gone through the process. It is very tempting to pick a school based on cheer, especially when you have the skills to make the top teams. However it's not the only thing to consider. They were giving advice based on their knowledge and personal experience.
You say things that can come off rudely, and given your history on here, people aren't going to respond as cordially as you would like. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that's how it is. Maybe you should take a step back and really read your comments before posting to see if they come off rudely, because more often than not, they do.

The first two post I took as assumptions. Instead of just simply answering the question.
Not an assumption, just a statement of advice. OP made a clarification and the posts followed. No one attacked or felt the need to be defensive. It all worked

**Come on, where's Ashton because I think we're being punk'd**

My parents looked into it for my sister in Wisconsin but it had to be a permanent residence where all of her bills and mail were being sent and you had to live there for like two years before it counted. You also had to buy a house, so renting for that time didnt count.
Also, some schools will also have more requirements to qualify for in state tuition. Some examples: being self sufficient (parents don't provide any means of support such as claiming you on taxes, paying for your own expenses other than monetary GIFTS). This is difficult for most college students to accomplish: work and pay own expenses thru loans or other means and support themselves to qualify for in state tuition. The first year is that buffer year then the second year is what would count and by then it is really hard to get everything together to get that discount. Most kids can't work that much and hold it all together with classes and since we are talking about cheering, they probably can't juggle cheering neither.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a junior in High school and I've been looking into college cheer so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Alina, is it actually cheerleading you are looking for or the competition end of it?. If you like the comp and athletic part, consider acro... It's like cheerleading and gymnastics had a baby. Most of the schools offer partial scholarships and in addition to academic scholarships, it makes college affordable. Go to thencata.org to see a list of schools and if you visit their sites, you can fill out an interested athlete form. The time is now while you are a junior to do this. Like everyone else said, check out what the school had to offer academically and you might find a perfect fit.

Here, at Central Arkansas, we give for first years up to $750 a semester. After your first year you can get up to $1500 a semester. I didn't realize until looking on here how rare it is to be given this much money in scholarships.

A lot of the smaller private colleges give decent cheer scholarships if their programs fall under athletics. Most schools in NAIA give scholarships for cheer. My daughter receives $5000 per year applied to her tuition and all uniforms, warm ups, poms, bags, shoes etc are supplied by the school as well as all travel expenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back