College Which Would You Choose?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

please dont ever pick your school because of the cheer team..

That is important to remember, but like Andre said, once you get in college your major will most likely change multiple times so if you pick a school just based on cheerleading that has a lot of different majors to choose from you should be good. Freshman year of school I changed my major 3 times and ended up transfering all without cheer, but I know girls who picked a school solely because of cheer who were there 4 years and graduate with a degree that they loved after finding it.

When you pick a college, pick the school b/c you want to go there. In a year you may not want to cheer, or you may not make the team, or anything, however, you need to realize that transferring schools can cause you to lose credits, etc and college is not cheap.

Cheerleading can be the icing on the cake.

Well people are giving you choices you didnt even have but out of those i would pick indiana. Tony Nash is an amazing coach! and the big ten is the best conference to cheer for!!!

Cheering is definitely a factor, I love competing! but nursing program is my desire. I know I want my cake and eat it too. Would love both. :).
Well if Nursing is ur major and cheer is obviously important than I suggest SFA (Stephen F. Austin State) we have one of the best Nursing programs in a Texas and a good amount of our cheerleaders are in the nursing program. And with cheer our Large coed and Small coed are always challenging for the National title at NCA year after year. And both squads cheer at football games and basketball games, although we are DI not a DIA school, the games are surprisingly enjoyable!! PM if you have any more questions!

University of Maine has an amazing nursing program and they're usually pretty competitive in D1 Small Coed. Very fun school to go to--the football team had an AMAZING season last year and University of Maine hockey games are my favorite thing ever. (and I go to a rival school in their conference)

. Univ. of Oregon cheer does not compete.

UofO does have a STUNT (used to be a stunt and gymnastics acro team) that does compete. There were one of the first schools to separate competitve cheerleading from the sidelines and are recognized as a NCAA sport. It was started to comply with the new baseball team and Title IX stuff. They do also have a traditional cheer team that cheers on the sidelines for sports as well.

I also only know stuff about HPU and UO but I have friends on both and they are happy with their choice. Personally I'd probably go to HPU because that is more my style of cheer but UO is a pretty good team as well.

Indiana. Bloomington has one of the most amazing campuses I have ever been on. The atmosphere is great, and whether you cheer or not you are sure to find something for you. And you'll get a great education.

Pick a school based on size. I know it doesn't seem that important but trust me it is. You have to comfortable going to a school with 20,000 kids and knowing that your professors won't probably even know your name as opposed to a small school where your biggest class is 20 students. It'll impact how you do academically and ultimately comes down to your comfort level and learning style. I go PITT, obviously a large school and I LOVE IT but I grew up in a small town and wanted something big city like. Make sure this plays into your decision and good luck in college!!

please dont ever pick your school because of the cheer team..

THIS!

By all means make it a high priority (I had degree, cost of living then cheer as the order of tie break here in the UK) but don't overlook important factors when choosing university - it costs a lot of money. Make sure it's worth it.

I actually dropped out of University, Loughborough really didn't deliver what it promised in the literature regarding course support and organisation. It got to the point that even cheer couldn't keep me sane.

ETA i'd choose HPU.

Pick your school based on academics first and cheer second. But keep in mind the type of cheer you want to do as well. I went to Pitt and we did all athletic events/charity work/community events as well as NCA. I graduated with 3 degrees in 5 years but it was hectic due to the amount of time I was required to put into the cheer program. I personally really love Oregon because of their campus, educational offering & their cheer program. They may not be competitive, but cheering on game day for a program that size is unreal. My college team played their home games at the Steelers stadium and in my hay day we sold it out (75,000 + fans). Those are some of my best memories. Walking out onto that field and seeing all the fans.

University of Maine has an amazing nursing program and they're usually pretty competitive in D1 Small Coed. Very fun school to go to--the football team had an AMAZING season last year and University of Maine hockey games are my favorite thing ever. (and I go to a rival school in their conference)

haha umo's competitive team is god awful :p but the hockey games are sick :)

Back