All-Star Why Are You A Fan?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Seeing Indiana ICE at a teeny competition at Great America in Gurnee, mid-late 90s? Allstar was soo new in Illinois (and quite pathetic). That was the first time I ever felt that heart-pounding excitement when the music and the dance just sucks you in and makes you want to stand up and dance in the aisles. I've been addicted to that feeling ever since.

I live for F5... when I looked up cheerleading videos circa 2005, they're who came up and I was blown away and have been hooked ever since. I'm a Buffalo Bills fan (I know jokes on me) and I honestly think they've given me a different outlook on how to be a fan. I always root for them to win but I have learned to accept disappointment well and I think that's also how I root for cheerleading.

I'm a fan of different teams for different reasons - F5 for flavor, Brandon for innovative stunting, Panthers for fierceness, WCSS for tumbling - and I realize they won't all win Worlds. If a team is smart, they capitalize on their strengths and make people love that one thing about them that no one else has.

I remember back somewhere around '06, a girl from Fame wanted to trade shirts with me at a competition and I was like,who's this team called "fame"? Other gyms didn't exist to me when I was little, so I've been a big Coed Elite/Senior Elite fan since I was 6. Of course, when I was like 12 I started becoming a major cheer stalker,but for the longest time they were all I knew.
Who would've thought that by the time I was 16,and spent three years with another gym,that I would still be a die hard CEA fan? What can I say,it's in my blood.

My first all star coach was such a huge Senior Elite fan, so i looked them up and found their 2010 routine and I've just been hooked since. That routine still gives me chills to this day. I'm also a Brandon Senior Black fan. Senior Elite and BSB both have just such incredible stunts and pyramids and that's something I love. Their routines are so entertaining and I get so excited when they hit and do their best.

I dont love a specific team just because they have a name attached to them. I fall in love with the routine and performances more so than with the team themselves. Which ever team makes me get excited and leaves me wanting more are the teams that I end up rooting for. For example; last year and the year before F5 served it for me and I was a huge fan, this year not to so much.

CEA were the first team I saw on youtube, I've followed them the most so I tend to root more for them! And after visiting World Cup in June, recieving such a warm welcome from everyone there and watching the Shooting Stars practise, the gym now also has a special place in my heart!

The 2010 senior elite captured my attention like no other team has! I will always really be a very loyal SE fan but I don't ever get mad about them not winning. TGLC also grabbed my attention in 2010 (2010 was when I started), I don't get mad when they lose either. I definitely am disappointed when either of them lose. I really do appreciate a team the puts on an amazing show, no matter what level or age!

Back