All-Star Why At School?!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cp wears her last seasons everyday to school. they are no longer white, they're actually pretty disgusting, but they've held up better than any other shoes (expensive or not) i've bought her. in fact, she had a pair of Toms last her only 6 weeks! the toes were completely gone and i had to throw them away, but her nfinities are still going strong.

Personally, I would not let my cp where her's outside of practice and/or competition....Actually, she is only allowed to wear them when she is performing. She has tons and tons of shoes and she does not need to wear cheer shoes around school. We she needs gym shoes for school, I go buy them,but she isn't wearing cheer shoes outside of cheer. Besides that, I see those shoes way too much with cheer, for her to be wearing them outside of cheer! (I'm one of those weird moms who doesn't want to see the same outfit or shoes repeat in the month!)

I don't get why people have practice sneakers that are different than their comp. shoes..how do you get comfortable in them? And what if you're a flyer, the bases grip would be diferent?
Maybe I'm just crazy.

I wish my cp would try to wear her cheer shoes outdoors. Don't think she'll try since she knows that I firmly believe there's nothing on planet Earth uglier than a flyer with dirty shoes.

:::::hangs cheer mom head in shame::::::

My child has some raggedy looking shoes this season,lol... I was going to buy new ones, but then that whole crossover thing came up and ate up the shoe budget, lol...

shoes are shoes. maybe some people cant afford more than one pair of shoes. although when i played basketball, during season, I would never wear my basketball shoes outside or to school or anything that wasnt hardwood, they lose grip that way and dont look as fresh. but a shoes a shoe they dont look any different then pumas...........and of course someone doesnt were ice skates because that would be impossible to do-_-walking around in cheer shoes would be very possible so i dont see why not, unless one is a material girl and they still do that thing in high school where they judge other girls for not having real Uggs or Prada shoes.

My daughter got her evolution's last month and she has only worn them for practice 2 times and 3 competitions and she has never worn them outside. They rubber on the toe broke in half and the other shoe the stitching on the toe part has come undone and has broken away from the shoe. These shoes were $75 and I figured she would get at least a season out of them. My daughter has a pair of passions that she has had for over 1 1/2 years and they are still good. She never competed in them but wore them for practice, tumbling, school cheer practice and outside. Has anyone else had this problem with the Evolution?
We had the choice this year between evolutions and the new Varsity shoe that looks just like them (from about 5 feet away you can't tell the difference so our coaches let kids pick what they liked). Both my son and daughter preferred the Varsity and they hold up SOOOO much better. She loves the extra "meat" around the heel area and he likes how light they are...and they're cheaper (by like $5 but cheaper is cheaper!!)

I don't get why people have practice sneakers that are different than their comp. shoes..how do you get comfortable in them? And what if you're a flyer, the bases grip would be diferent?
Maybe I'm just crazy.
We did this with evolutions because they just didn't hold up through her practice schedule and competitions. I'd end up buying two pair anyway through the season and after it gets going you can't get evolutions when they run out. She'd wear her comp shoes the 2-3 practices before, but she never had an issue with not being used to them, and she's a base, not a flyer so I can't speak to that part other than to say, she hasn't seemed to notice if her flier is wearing different shoes.

I have an old pair of Phoenix's that I wear to school on lab days and when I just wanna wear jeans and a sweatshirt. They are super comfy and they aren't ugly shoes. Just white. Perfect for when I don't wanna freeze my feet in flats

I was JUST thinking about this yesterday. I'm in college and I see usually at least 1 girl every couple of days wearing Nfinitys to class. Granted, most of these girls don't cheer anymore...but how have those things not torn up?

I wear mine all the time when I'm bumming or working out. they still look new and aren't torn up and been wearing them for 2 years. I think they look ugly in non cheer settings but the are so comfortable. If people can wear uggs and crocs in public than I can wear my nfinity's.

:::::hangs cheer mom head in shame::::::

My child has some raggedy looking shoes this season,lol... I was going to buy new ones, but then that whole crossover thing came up and ate up the shoe budget, lol...

Solution: Get some Spot Shot carpet cleaner from Walmart or someplace, spray that on the fabric, take a scrub brush and Clorox Clean-Up to the bottoms and throw them in the washing machine on cold. Don't dry them. Voila! New shoes. Then rip them off your cp's feet after practice and vow that they never meet pavement again.

Maybe it's because I'm now a grownup, poor, post-grad..but if I'm dropping $80 on ANYTHING right now, I will treat it like a canary diamond. If I had a pair of shoes costing me $80, they would be in a protective case so as not to get dirty and they would only be worn when necessary..so as to look as nice and last as long as possible. Call me crazy and cheap, but my stuff will last as long as necessary lol
My question to you.... Kristen.... were you always conservative and responsible or is it something you turned into after leaving mamas nest? Is there hope for cps who do not take care of thier exspensive things?? I think I am very dilligent about my things and I am constantly on cp for taking good care (especially shoes like $80 nfinities and Uggs) and does she?? NO. Do I make her go barefoot to school to teach her a lesson??? Granted shes only 11 but it erks me to no end. (mommy rant over)

Back