OT Why Can't I Cheer? (rant And Sadness.)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 9, 2014
Now, this thread is just need to say to get out there to all of you coaches/parents/fans/cheerleaders. And now, I apologize for irrelevance, why it's on the random board. And it's choppy so... Anyway. Hi. I'm Kätter. I'm 15, 5'8 and 130 pounds and a photographer who shoots NCA and UCA events (with my father.) And Ever since I was younger, Whenever I first went to these competitions, wanted to be an allstar cheerleader. Even Though I was a hip hop dancer at that time and much longer before, I was even a National champion for my old studio. Sadly it had to close for reasons I will not name. This came to the time that I couldn't really dance anymore anyway since my legs became overworked and were filled with tweaks and injuries. So, I was forced to stop because of that, not knowing I was never going back. I didn't want to look at sports again until I had to go with my dad to an AllStar competition. At that moment, I wish I could've been a cheerleader. Sure, I now go to the competitions all the time and enjoy them with taking photos and etc. But, I've just been broken by the fact that, I'm too old to start now and get to that level. It just so taboo as well, walking through the halls getting these looks, and giving some world champions the look that I'd do anything to be in their shoes. I just can't do it. I'm too weak it seems, and not talented enough anymore to. Even my parents don't even think I can. They laugh at me and think this is a phase but, I don't think phases last practically your whole life. Then, It also doesn't help the fact that I'm a hipster/grunge who looks like they want nothing to do with the sport.
My questions are, Could I ever do it? Will I just have to sit back knowing I can't? Will I ever get another chance? I feel miserable that I can't do things that I've wanted to do... And my siblings get everything practically handed to them. But all I get is laughed at and thrown under the bus it seems.

So, there. I just wanted to get that out there, I also apologize for the choppiness, I really just wanted to clump my thoughts together. Give me words of encouragement or advice if you want, or bash on me. I don't care. I just want to know what you all think. Thanks for reading this.

Want a portrait or Silhouette?
Ask me. ._.

Let's go jump in the moonlight. RDS. ~

It is never too late if you have the determination to do something. Tell your parents you want to give it a try. You don't want to wonder what if for the rest of your life? You may not become a World Champion but at least you can say you tried.

Now, this thread is just need to say to get out there to all of you coaches/parents/fans/cheerleaders. And now, I apologize for irrelevance, why it's on the random board. And it's choppy so... Anyway. Hi. I'm Kätter. I'm 15, 5'8 and 130 pounds and a photographer who shoots NCA and UCA events (with my father.) And Ever since I was younger, Whenever I first went to these competitions, wanted to be an allstar cheerleader. Even Though I was a hip hop dancer at that time and much longer before, I was even a National champion for my old studio. Sadly it had to close for reasons I will not name. This came to the time that I couldn't really dance anymore anyway since my legs became overworked and were filled with tweaks and injuries. So, I was forced to stop because of that, not knowing I was never going back. I didn't want to look at sports again until I had to go with my dad to an AllStar competition. At that moment, I wish I could've been a cheerleader. Sure, I now go to the competitions all the time and enjoy them with taking photos and etc. But, I've just been broken by the fact that, I'm too old to start now and get to that level. It just so taboo as well, walking through the halls getting these looks, and giving some world champions the look that I'd do anything to be in their shoes. I just can't do it. I'm too weak it seems, and not talented enough anymore to. Even my parents don't even think I can. They laugh at me and think this is a phase but, I don't think phases last practically your whole life. Then, It also doesn't help the fact that I'm a hipster/grunge who looks like they want nothing to do with the sport.
My questions are, Could I ever do it? Will I just have to sit back knowing I can't? Will I ever get another chance? I feel miserable that I can't do things that I've wanted to do... And my siblings get everything practically handed to them. But all I get is laughed at and thrown under the bus it seems.

So, there. I just wanted to get that out there, I also apologize for the choppiness, I really just wanted to clump my thoughts together. Give me words of encouragement or advice if you want, or bash on me. I don't care. I just want to know what you all think. Thanks for reading this.

Want a portrait or Silhouette?
Ask me. ._.

Let's go jump in the moonlight. RDS. ~

15 is way too young to be deciding there's something you can't do. If you don't have a lot of experience or tumbling then you start on Senior 1. There's a ton of Senior 1 teams. My own gym had one at the beginning of the season but now they compete at Level 2. I say go for it! You'll never know if you don't try.

I started cheer around 14, you're not too old! And your personal style has absolutely nothing to do with cheerleading so that shouldn't be a deciding factor! I'm sure with some physical therapy workouts and a smooth transition into cheer your injuries will be okay. Can't hurt to try! Good luck :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

You can do anything you put your heart into. All you have to do is believe in yourself and have the will to work hard. Things sometimes don't come easy, it takes time and effort to reach goals, but don't let anyone ever tell you you can not do something.
I started cheering when i was 18, i couldn't tumble at all, i still don't really tumble but i have other strengths. You don't need to be perfect, just go for it! I wish you the best of luck :)

I have done privates with girls who at 15 years old who just woke up and decided they wanted to try all stars when they'd never tumbled a day in their lives. We were literally starting from forward rolls, back bends, kickovers, and walkovers. It's never too late.

Is it hard to be that age and working on a round off? Yes, but you have to crawl before you walk and you never know how far you can go until you try.

My biggest advice to "new never tumblers" - If you have never tumbled, you're likely not going to start out as a Kiara or Gabi, so make sure you're competing against YOURSELF and not comparing your skills and progress against Level 5/6 girls who have been tumbling since first grade. Worry about you and celebrate YOUR successes.

I've celebrated my Senior newbies round offs like they were a World Champ's arabian to double because it's all about the progress THEY are making, not comparing them to the Level 5 standard.

All of that to say, go for it.

i started cheerleading when i was 12. i was the quietest little tomboy who always wore hats, hoodies, baggy jeans and oversized sweaters because i was so uncomfortable with who i was. from the time i was 3 until i moved when i was 12 my mom had me involved with boy scouts so i spent way too much time playing in dirt, camping and with boys. when my family moved we saw there was a cheerleading team and my mom knew i did not want to be in scouts any longer and wanted me to be involved in something else so she decided to throw me into it, i had never danced or tumbled and had no idea what i was going into when i started other then what i saw on bring it on a few years prior. i never ever thought i would be more then a front spot or be able to pick up the dance or ever get a forward roll or even a cartwheel, but i did.

..basically what i am saying is, you are never too old, if this is something you want go for it! do not get discouraged because of your parents or siblings. when i started cheerleading my parents and older sister teased me continuously because i loved it as much as i did. it was hard at the start my mom after starting me didn't agree with a lot of it, i spent a lot of competitions travelling with the coaches and teammates, walking to practice but it was worth it for what it gave back to me.

I started tumbling when I was 15! I was almost exactly your size, 5'7 or 5'8 and 130 pound. Definitely not very strong or flexible. I pushed so hard and conditioned every day at home. I struggled a lot with mental blocks because I was old enough to know how dangerous it was. Somehow I made my way onto a senior 2 team. I loved watching the higher level teams at competitions, even though I knew that was a place I would never be. All that matters is getting to perform with your team, regardless of the level. So it's definitely never too late to start! You just have to want it really badly!

You are not too old to start! In fact, you are never to old to persue your dreams (as corny as that may sound). There's a 54 year old woman who set her sights on cheering for the NFL & a 40 year old who made the squad. Believe me, if you still get carded at R rated movies, you're not too young for anything.

You are so not too old! I started this year when I was 17 and it's the best decision I ever made. You have so much time to not only gain skill but to try something you may end up falling in love with. Go with your heart and you will win. ♠✨

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

You are so not too old! I started this year when I was 17 and it's the best decision I ever made. You have so much time to not only gain skill but to try something you may end up falling in love with. Go with your heart and you will win.
✨

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

There's is nothing wrong with being on a senior 1 or 2 team. A cheerleader is a cheerleader no matter what level. And anyway they have open ( 14+) teams so you have time

Back