All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 3 Updates (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did they get rid of the "as long as they don't drop the body position" rule? I could be making stuff up, but also this sports rules like to change before tryouts, after tryouts, mid-season, etc. (thanks governing body -_-) but I remember a "bobble" was only counted if they lost their position, aka team does one and a half to stretch, one group hits stretch, bends knee and drops stretch to balance check = counted as a stunt bobble.
I don't remember the specific wording used this year so I'm not completely sure if it changed, but that has been the wording in the past.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

that 3 pt deduction was expected. i think what most people, who questioned results, found to be unexpected was their raw score being so low. i still don't understand how that thing is created.

i also don't get, in finals, why 20/20's center pyramid bobble (a second one can possibly be seen shortly after that first one) didn't get a deduction.
Oh Hey, there you are!! Haven't seen you since BSB won[emoji12]

I hate to agree with you but I'm going to with the comment about Smoed scoring so low in their raw score! I don't understand why they scored so low [emoji45] I'm blaming it on YOU[emoji23] for jinxing them with the shady comment about BSA getting 2nd place.
Smoed looked great and I was shocked to see them with such a low score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question (and disclaimer as I don't know if this is even a thing) ------ Do they ever dock points from teams if their coaches/owners argue scoring too much. I was told this happened (and changed placements) back in 2014 for a fairly well known team (and it dropped them to like 7th?) Anyway, I know that there was a huge delay on Small Coed results and people said the scores were being argued and I remembered that a friend told me about this situation back in 2014 so I wondered hmmmmm???

Question (and disclaimer as I don't know if this is even a thing) ------ Do they ever dock points from teams if their coaches/owners argue scoring too much. I was told this happened (and changed placements) back in 2014 for a fairly well known team (and it dropped them to like 7th?) Anyway, I know that there was a huge delay on Small Coed results and people said the scores were being argued and I remembered that a friend told me about this situation back in 2014 so I wondered hmmmmm???

Not for "arguing too much" per se, but "arguing unprofessionally" (cussing out judge, screaming, etc) could theoretically get you a penalty. I don't know if it has ever been assessed.

I'm obviously not a coach or anyone important, but it's built into the Worlds deduction sheet. 1-3 pt. deductions can be given for athlete and/or coach behavior

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/2013 Website/Worlds/Cheer/docs/USASF_2016_Worlds-Deductions-Explanation.pdf (last page)

Not for "arguing too much" per se, but "arguing unprofessionally" (cussing out judge, screaming, etc) could theoretically get you a penalty. I don't know if it has ever been assessed.
I'm obviously not a coach or anyone important, but it's built into the Worlds deduction sheet. 1-3 pt. deductions can be given for athlete and/or coach behavior

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/2013 Website/Worlds/Cheer/docs/USASF_2016_Worlds-Deductions-Explanation.pdf (last page)
So then if this deduction were to be given it would show up under deductions (versus impacting raw score), right?

So I checked out the link to subscribe for Summit. It is indeed powered by FloCheer. But there is a small statement on there that says your subscription grants you full access to content from the website you joined on. Hmmmmm so no idea I guess until Summit gets here and someone tries to watch. But I'm totally betting they have a way around it to make you pay twice.
I don't think so, I pay for the annual membership for FloSports, primarily because its an Olympic year and I love all the content they have for gymnastics. Just so happens that I am able to watch the cheer stuff too, have done it all season. Its a good deal really.

Anyone have an idea how many kids some of the previous heavy hitters (TGLC, Steel, orange, cali coed, etc) are losing? I saw a picture of coed elite looks like they are losing about 10 boys and few girls. SE around 15 and F5 8 or 9 I believe.

Not an update, but a random question. I noticed a lot of athletes with something crescent shaped on their faces on their temples. It was clear, and I only noticed it at certain angles (mainly in the interviews). Anybody know what it was and/or what it was for?....or was I just seeing things? Haha [emoji28]

Not an update, but a random question. I noticed a lot of athletes with something crescent shaped on their faces on their temples. It was clear, and I only noticed it at certain angles (mainly in the interviews). Anybody know what it was and/or what it was for?....or was I just seeing things? Haha [emoji28]

Started last season, maybe two seasons ago? And is gaining in popularity. It's just an in make-up thing right now. We went through the star sticker on the eye era, the ringlet curls era, the crazy eyes era, the glitter lip era, the poof era, the rats nest ponytail era (unfortunately still in this one!) Now we're at the shimmer temples faze of cheer life.

Anyone have an idea how many kids some of the previous heavy hitters (TGLC, Steel, orange, cali coed, etc) are losing? I saw a picture of coed elite looks like they are losing about 10 boys and few girls. SE around 15 and F5 8 or 9 I believe.
I feel like TGLC loses a lot of Seniors every year? Mostly because the out of state kids are seniors/super seniors who want their last season to be on TGLC.

I believe Orange is losing about 8 seniors? I think AR will soon be the only Worlds ring holder left (that's won with Orange specifically) on Orange... so weird when you think about how between 2004 to 2015, if you were on Orange for any consecutive two years, you would have won at least one ring... gone are the days when their Seniors would graduate with multiple rings.

Steel seems like they're about to lose a lot of boys? Rays like to announce which of their athletes got into a college cheer team, so we'll know from there.

Last edited:
Back