All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 3 Updates (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks Rockstar, but I'm looking for Med 5 All Girl...
f5a6462964994d110dc7ff9a5447379e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rockstar, but I'm looking for Med 5 All Girl...
f5a6462964994d110dc7ff9a5447379e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it has been said, but I'm still so impressed with the top four with zero deductions.
Me too!
So anyone with knowledge (coaches etc.) who can comment on the raw score differences here? What was it about SOT that made their raw score 1-2 points higher than the rest of the top 4?

They only needed 2 coeds to max on the Varsity system. Worlds is a comparative system. How you score is directly relative to what you do in comparison to what the other teams in your division do. If everyone else is putting 2/3 coeds, and you put up 4, you should get more points. But it's risk/reward.
So how would this work with say, Beatles in medium coed. They put up less stunts than anyone in medium (5), since they had 23 members. Or is the number you put up proportionate to the number on the mat, and then that proportion compared to others in the division?

Sorry if this is confusing. And I thought Rockstar was awesome! I'm just trying to think through the pros/cons for putting a full squad on the mat.

So how would this work with say, Beatles in medium coed. They put up less stunts than anyone in medium (5), since they had 23 members. Or is the number you put up proportionate to the number on the mat, and then that proportion compared to others in the division?

Sorry if this is confusing. And I thought Rockstar was awesome! I'm just trying to think through the pros/cons for putting a full squad on the mat.
They have to do majority to get into range. # of athletes don't really play into the score, as long as the majority of the team is doing the skill. From there, where you fall in the range is judges discretion.

Do they look at percentages? Majority, most, etc. ?
Majority

They only needed 2 coeds to max on the Varsity system. Worlds is a comparative system. How you score is directly relative to what you do in comparison to what the other teams in your division do. If everyone else is putting 2/3 coeds, and you put up 4, you should get more points. But it's risk/reward.

And yet I've seen teams get lower difficulty scores for harder skills than other teams (layout baskets versus full/arabian full baskets, and layouts got higher difficulty, based on placement scores that were given to our coaches). And there were several teams this year that I don't understand how they scored so much lower than teams with less difficulty, when both ran clean. I understand the theory behind Worlds scoring, but in practice, I don't get it at all

Back