Worlds & Disney & Disabled

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Mom Jeans, Sep 23, 2013.

1. **Alycea**

**Alycea** Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Disneyland was my first job 15 years ago and I can tell you first hand this abuse has been going on for a long time

2. cheer25mom

cheer25mom Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    In the US, you cannot require any proof of disability to use services for the disabled offered by businesses like Disney. You cannot even legally ask WHAT the disability is, only what accommodations a person needs. You can say whatever you wasn't and the company honors it or risks a lawsuit. That us why the old system at Disney world was so open to abuse.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

3. louxlouxlou

louxlouxlou Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Kik:
    louxlouxlou
    Twitter:
    irishdancelols
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Wow!
    I think with the disabled badges we have it doesn't say specifics, but on forms and stuff it does and doctors letters detail what's wrong and what provisions they need.

Like my grandma has a disabled parking badge, but it's because she had a triple heart bypass a few years ago and a shoulder replacement so it wouldn't be necessary for her to have a wheelchair at Disney so her doctor wouldn't sign off on the letter.

4. CheerBank

CheerBank Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Aaaah disabled parking permits....a similar situation of abuse of a system. I heard that people are now going to have to reapply for them annually (at least in NY) a to prove that they still need them.

5. louxlouxlou

louxlouxlou Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Kik:
    louxlouxlou
    Twitter:
    irishdancelols
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    This is all so strange for me :eek:
    Like there are special assessors in the county council who actually have to go and see if my grandma needs the blue disabled badge (she just moved counties) and that's the only time she's needed to get a new one!

6. Navy Coach 09

Navy Coach 09 I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Great....I am taking my autistic daughter to Disney in November. They couldn't wait until January? Looking at the info I think we can make it work but we will need to miss a lot. This will likely be her only trip and we only have 3 days. Oh well...at least she has no expectation beyond meeting the fairies and seeing Cinderella's castle.