All-Star Worlds On Espn2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 23, 2014
Why? Some people don't have that channel and you never know ahead of time when it will be on. I mean correct me if I'm wrong please! But can someone help me through this confusion! I searched for related posts so this could be just me...

Why? Some people don't have that channel and you never know ahead of time when it will be on. I mean correct me if I'm wrong please! But can someone help me through this confusion! I searched for related posts so this could be just me...
The USASF has on its site what all the air dates are, it's usually on either ESPN2 or ESPNU. I'm not quite sure what you are asking though, what other channel would it be on?

ETA: I just saw your second post

The USASF has on its site what all the air dates are, it's usually on either ESPN2 or ESPNU. I'm not quite sure what you are asking though, what other channel would it be on?

ETA: I just saw your second post
Thanks! I found the channel but I only got to watch the last 5 minutes. I was like what? But I'll check on the site I saw it on Facebook and twitter. But it was posted an hour ago.

Thanks! I found the channel but I only got to watch the last 5 minutes. I was like what? But I'll check on the site I saw it on Facebook and twitter. But it was posted an hour ago.
According to the site, today was the last one.

Someone posted youtube links to the broadcast in one of the Worlds threads if you want to watch the whole thing. I can't remember which thread it was at the moment, though.

Do we think it is worth it to take $100,000+ of the Worlds fees to pay for having a TV show on ESPN?

Do we think it is worth it to take $100,000+ of the Worlds fees to pay for having a TV show on ESPN?
It's debatable. I do think it's good exposure for the sport. There are many causal viewers that will just happen to catch it on ESPN2 as opposed to a more obscure channel or no airing at all. How much it's worth though, I'm not sure.

Does the advertising during the broadcast not generate enough revenue to pay for it?
I noticed it is mainly varsity sponsors doing the advertising.
I would love to know how the system works!

No, USASF has to (I believe) pay for the airtime & pay to have it produced. I would be very surprised if the advertising offset much of that cost at all. My guess is that is a $200,000 net negative for the USASF budget. We have probably been featured on there more than most, and I still think it is generally a bad investment.

With the current methods of editing and viewing angles (who wants to see the dance at ground level and from the side) it is definitely not worth it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

With the current methods of editing and viewing angles (who wants to see the dance at ground level and from the side) it is definitely not worth it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

I think that's what makes it cool. Watching a routine straight on from the front is great (and can be done/followed-up by w/ a quick search on YouTube), but if you've never been to an event like that before, it's fantastic to see closeups of the athletes and their skills in ways you normally wouldn't if you haven't seen cheer practices or have actually been a spectator at a large competition.

Latest posts

Back