All-Star Worlds Predictions 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Refresh my memory - Worlds is a completely diff scoresheet than regular season and is also comparatively scored?

Yes, and deductions are different. Most notably bobbles are a deduction at Worlds.

That's what I thought. Browsing cheer social media and comments are like "OKAY BUT ___ HAS THE HIGHER RAW SO IF THEY HIT THEY WIN."

Me in my head "Should be I THAT adult and tell them this is a completely different comp with completely different scoring? Nah."

Literally nothing that happens this season is an accurate predictor of what is going to happen Sunday/Monday.

Heck, SEMIS aren't predictor of what happens Sunday/Monday. (unless you're IO and you don't make finals but my larger point stands. lol)

It's literally THAT 2:30 & nothing else.

I might need a refill on the inhaler because I made myself nervous just typing that, but I am glad we even get to have Worlds nerves this year.

Anyone know the spectator restrictions?

I'm in Clearwater and usually drive over to watch; but figured this year has restrictions? I did a quick check on the site but didn't see anything... but it was a quick scan and maybe missed it. Someone one here's got to know!

This is what I saw on the site:

Spectator viewing will be limited to your team’s performance only and a maximum number of fans per team may be set. We cannot guarantee at this time that all sister teams will be permitted to watch. (Ex: Team going into venue to watch another team from the same program.) Awards may be live with limited athletes and/or coaches or virtual.

I am pretty sure all that = no spectators like you'd see pre-covid, unfortunately.

It seems like athletes can't even enter the venue to watch other teams from their gym unless that team is under max and they have a ticket. (Ex: Cheetahs can't come back later and watch Panthers compete.) That's a bummer if you're competing but have a sibling or someone close you want to come back to watch.

Spectator viewing will be limited to your team’s performance only and a maximum number of fans per team may be set. We cannot guarantee at this time that all sister teams will be permitted to watch. (Ex: Team going into venue to watch another team from the same program.) Awards may be live with limited athletes and/or coaches or virtual.

I am pretty sure all that = no spectators like you'd see pre-covid, unfortunately.

It seems like athletes can't even enter the venue to watch other teams from their gym unless that team is under max and they have a ticket. (Ex: Cheetahs can't come back later and watch Panthers compete.) That's a bummer if you're competing but have a sibling or someone close you want to come back to watch.

Ahhh I see. That makes sense. And I obviously didn't want to take a spot from a parent/sister athlete. Guess I'll be watching virtual this year too. Thanks!

This is literally the. one. time. the. baseball field. would. be. perfect.
they did have awards once on the baseball fields, during 2012? large coed awards that one time. I mean it could be done if all the teams were spaced out with their own organization, but i wanna say whatever summit did for awards is probably what they will do for worlds.

they did have awards once on the baseball fields, during 2012? large coed awards that one time. I mean it could be done if all the teams were spaced out with their own organization, but i wanna say whatever summit did for awards is probably what they will do for worlds.
I think they did. But nothing can surpass the utter chaos that was the 2015 slip and slide debacle

For Summit, sister teams were not allowed in. Well they weren't supposed to be. In fact, on Sunday Varsity posted in the spectator band it again about sister teams not being allowed in. I am sure that if it were truly a sibling situation, that would be allowed.

It was a little confusing at first because we were told 200 tickets per team to ensure that all family members were able to get in. So we thought if we were way under that number, then we'd be able to watch one of our other teams. But that was not the case.

Woodlands Elite is bringing 6 World Teams. Generals & Black Ops got 1st at NCA. Janes, Seal, & Gunsmoke got 2nd at NCA. Recon added some strong talent to their team! The last time WE won Gold was 2015, but I can see this being their year to shine. Prodigy All-Stars Midnight got 2nd at NCA. I really like the changes they made to their routine. Blacklight looked great at Show Off. CA is killing it! Love SOT! I am excited for Worlds!

I think they did. But nothing can surpass the utter chaos that was the 2015 slip and slide debacle

We've also reached the age in which younger athletes who weren't really old enough to remember #matgate will be like "Omg can they bring back the baseball field?"

YOU DO NOT WANT THAT. IT WAS NOT WHAT THE ACTION SHOTS LOOKED LIKE.

We've also reached the age in which younger athletes who weren't really old enough to remember #matgate will be like "Omg can they bring back the baseball field?"

YOU DO NOT WANT THAT. IT WAS NOT WHAT THE ACTION SHOTS LOOKED LIKE.

My athletes are saying the same thing, all I can do is laugh

For what it's worth, their Summit teams (many from California locations) looked pretty good last weekend. Lot of Summit Champs, Top 3, Top 10s, finalists.

All of California lost a minimum of 3-4 months stunting in the summer, and then another month or so around Christmas. It was county dependent and some only lifted restrictions 2-3 months ago. We never had a single live competition in the state that I know of. The fact that any California teams are at World is a win. It's been a hard season here (and all of the West Coast).

Back