All-Star Worlds question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
How will finals work for international divisions like NT, global, open, etc? In 2019 the top 3 from each division made finals, in 2020 worlds was canceled, and in 2021 worlds was primarily of not exclusively american teams so finals was just the 10 highest scores.

How will they be handling that for worlds 2022? Will enough international teams be in attendance for just top 3 to make finals? Have they announced how they plan to handle it?

How will finals work for international divisions like NT, global, open, etc? In 2019 the top 3 from each division made finals, in 2020 worlds was canceled, and in 2021 worlds was primarily of not exclusively american teams so finals was just the 10 highest scores.

How will they be handling that for worlds 2022? Will enough international teams be in attendance for just top 3 to make finals? Have they announced how they plan to handle it?
It will be back to the standard top 3. 2021 was only US teams, so that's why it was not used.

I would hope travel restrictions have eased enough that most teams will be able to make it over. As far as I know pretty much all the teams from the UK that had bids in 2020 are going this year.

Looking at the list of non-US teams, it's mainly teams from Canada and the UK. Spotted a couple of Australian and European teams, but think there are fewer than in previous years. Not sure how bids have worked in other countries, but UK teams are on bids carried over from 2020 (won in 2019) and there are lots of division changes.

My understanding from a friend who’s daughter is on a NT team, finals will be top 10 from semis regardless of country.
So, the Worlds packet says both, but I'm wondering if the first thing it says is an error, as it is listed with the other (senior) divisions that have prelims. But under the IASF section, it says all international divisions will be top 3 from each country in finals.

I'm International division in Canada, and our understanding is that IASF divisions are top 3 from each country as per usual. I haven't read the worlds packet though

Back