All-Star Worlds.....to Medal Or Not To Medal, That Is The Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Slightly off-topic (but relevant) it's similar to gymnastics with the '2 I know we hate comparing ourselves to other sports, but in WHAT other sport is their highest-ranking competition 'about the experience.' I get that it IS an experience, but that shouldn't be your reason to go..at least in my opinion.

Travel baseball, it happens all the time. Cooperstown Dreamspark Tournament a great example of that. Teams range from flying in hired gun 12 year olds from around the country to playso they can win the tournament that week to local all-star teams going knowing they have a long shot to win but go to play against the best competition around the country and see where and how they measure up. Sometimes, good competitive local all-star teams come back home better prepared to play against better teams. It depends on the goals of each of these teams or gyms in the case of cheerleading. Besides, it's always possible to get a few surprises and upsets along the way which should make it more interesting and may knock off a few of the top teams along the way.

At-large bids are what brings the money to Worlds so as long as funding is needed At-large bids will be given so I don't really see all that changing.

We're actually from the same area ;] Aviators is one of my favorite gyms to watch whenever we go to comp. I havent seen your level 5 team, except for once this year, but the level 4 coed team last year was AMAZING.
Aw thanks! That coed 4 from last year by the end of the season had about 10 kids on it that were throwing level 5 skills...we just didn't have a level 5 team. The core of our blue angels is made up of those kids this season. They've done well, their issues have been more mental from just having no experience at level five than anything else. But I'm looking forward to seeing them. They absolutely killed champion cup and They hit two days in a row at cheersport and finished 7th of the 70+ level 5s that were there. They got an at large out of it because we're way too young and new to have gotten one of the 8 full paids even though they scored in the top 8. That's okay. We've got lots of time and some fierce junior fours that are going to make an amazing level 5 when they're all senior age. It'll be full paids all day then. Patience :)

Aw thanks! That coed 4 from last year by the end of the season had about 10 kids on it that were throwing level 5 skills...we just didn't have a level 5 team. The core of our blue angels is made up of those kids this season. They've done well, their issues have been more mental from just having no experience at level five than anything else. But I'm looking forward to seeing them. They absolutely killed champion cup and They hit two days in a row at cheersport and finished 7th of the 70+ level 5s that were there. They got an at large out of it because we're way too young and new to have gotten one of the 8 full paids even though they scored in the top 8. That's okay. We've got lots of time and some fierce junior fours that are going to make an amazing level 5 when they're all senior age. It'll be full paids all day then. Patience :)
:D :D :D IM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU GUYS IN THE FUTURE. I go off to college after next season, so y'all better bring in before Im out of state ;D

Will do! My hubs is the one who makes all the light up signs, so I'm not hard to find. Come say hi so I can met you!

I do like the idea of prelims on Friday for the larger divisions. That way an AL team can go for the Worlds experience and Disney World if they want to without putting the crowd through routines that are clearly Restricted 5 at best. To me, Worlds doesn't really begin until Saturday. For teams that are young or clubs just starting out, I actually would recommend going one time with maybe the goal of making it to semis or Day 2. Then, as improvement happens throughout the years, the team will really understand what Worlds is all about.

Back