All-Star Youtube & Other Video Sharing Options

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 20, 2011
As much as I would love to have a video playback option in our gym, it is not an option for us right now. I have stared videotaping stunt sequences and other stuff in practice, and I am trying to share with my teams but it's a pain in my umm, well- you know what. :banghead:

I added a bunch of videos to youtube, and I made them private. With private videos, the end user has to have the link in order to view. I was hoping that I could create a private playlist, and then I would have one link to drop into an email or our private facebook group. It doesn't appear that this is an option- I spent 45 minutes looking through the youtube help section, and it seems that many other have the same complaint. Does anyone else do this for their teams? If you use youtube, have you found a way to do it without copying single links for each video? Does anyone else use a different website that works better? Any help would be amazing!

I use dropbox with my partner. We have a share file just for us that we out our vids and picts in, it syncs on all devices automatically when they are connected to a network and let's you know it's updated. Easy. Once it's synced you can watch the vids whenever without an internet connection.

I use dropbox with my partner. We have a share file just for us that we out our vids and picts in, it syncs on all devices automatically when they are connected to a network and let's you know it's updated. Easy. Once it's synced you can watch the vids whenever without an internet connection.

This is a great idea, I love dropbox but I've never thought to use it like this.

For my team I just upload videos to our secret Facebookgroup, which is great both for group discussions and sharing videos and other links with just the team.

I you really want to use youtube, perhaps you could set up something with ifttt.com (it's a nifty little service that lets you connect services on the internet).

So if I put all the videos in a folder and want to share it, do the people have to have a dropbox account in order to view my link?

So if I put all the videos in a folder and want to share it, do the people have to have a dropbox account in order to view my link?
Yep. They all have to have a dropbox and you chose which emails to share that particular folder with, no links. The genius behind it is that the more people you invite to dropbox the more storage space you get for free!

Yep. They all have to have a dropbox and you chose which emails to share that particular folder with, no links. The genius behind it is that the more people you invite to dropbox the more storage space you get for free!
but what if you dont want to invite more people but you need more space?

but what if you dont want to invite more people but you need more space?
You get 2Gb for free and then 250mb for every person that you invite and joins. I have 5.5GB now just from invitations. If you need more space, they start from $9.99 for 50GB a month. I have loads of videos and photos on mine and i'm only using 20% of space. If you run out of space and don't want to pay a fee, just get someone else to start a share folder, that way it uses their space and you can still view and upload to it.

Back