All-Star [12/13 - 12/14] Wsf - Louisville, Ky (4fp, 8 Al)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wonder when we are going to realize that comp floor over ice floor makes life really hard on athletes that train on springs? Especially youth age kids trying to throw elite skills- it's already hard for them to utilize the regular spring floor with their body weight. Making the floor stiffer is so hard on them.

Same with NCA Classic in Atlanta. The Gwinnett Center is also an ice rink.

I know our team did not but who did receive summit bids?
These are just the ones I heard and know off the top of my head right now:
Stingrays Coconut Youth 1
ICE Frost Jr 5 (AL)
ICE Passion Sr 4 (Paid)
Team Illinois Sr 4 (AL)
Stingrays 4.2 (AL)
Legends Cheer Academy Sm Jr 2 (Paid)
Ultimate Athletics Empresses Lg Jr 2 (AL) our team
GymTyme Youth 2 (AL)

I will keep this short and try and be nice but awards were a hot mess at the end of the night. They announced one additional random at large Worlds bid. Oh, and they completely forgot to announce the level 2 Summit bids. Our girls found out standing next to a folding table in an empty arena. No banner, no nothing. Happy about the bid. Sooo not happy about how it was handled.
I completely agree - our awards were at 1pm & we had kids eager to stay to hear Level 2 Summit bids. I had 2 in tears because they thought they didnt get one! Even though we were fortunate enough to received an at-large - I hate it that the celebration moment was taken from those kids & parents who earned it!

Our tiny little restricted 5 team - we couldn't find a place to sit in front because everyone saved seats. Or at least put their bags all over. And with no VIP section- our girls all said they hated not hearing our confidence. My daughter said cheering w sr 3 in hall B was so much better because the coaches and gymtyme athletes were smacking the mats (excited) and they heard us all screaming. Plays a big roll- especially for our very young team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish our team could have enjoyed the VIP viewing area! We are a small location and this was our first time attending a competition this size. Each day there was a very well known large gym that would line up for the priority viewing about 5 teams before their team would go on and take up the entire "holding area". We had to push our way through and finally made it into the viewing area after our CP's team had started. I thought perhaps Saturday they were mistaken about the order, but sure enough the same thing happened on Sunday. The parents and teams before them had to walk into the viewing area the wrong way, or crawl under the dividers to even get to the front because they weren't moving for anybody. I just don't understand this and my first taste of a competition this size left a lot to be desired. (And there is certainly one gym I am not a fan of now!)

I completely agree - our awards were at 1pm & we had kids eager to stay to hear Level 2 Summit bids. I had 2 in tears because they thought they didnt get one! Even though we were fortunate enough to received an at-large - I hate it that the celebration moment was taken from those kids & parents who earned it!
I think you and I may have talked while we were waiting there. We had a lot of confused kids. We're a junior team but about 2/3 youth kids, and when they announced all the other levels except ours, they thought they didn't get a bid. Even some of the newer parents were confused and ready to leave. Plus, in our case, many of us also had a 6-hour drive home after waiting all that time.

I wish our team could have enjoyed the VIP viewing area! We are a small location and this was our first time attending a competition this size. Each day there was a very well known large gym that would line up for the priority viewing about 5 teams before their team would go on and take up the entire "holding area". We had to push our way through and finally made it into the viewing area after our CP's team had started. I thought perhaps Saturday they were mistaken about the order, but sure enough the same thing happened on Sunday. The parents and teams before them had to walk into the viewing area the wrong way, or crawl under the dividers to even get to the front because they weren't moving for anybody. I just don't understand this and my first taste of a competition this size left a lot to be desired. (And there is certainly one gym I am not a fan of now!)
Don't completely blame the "well known large gym" for this. I used to think the same thing about these gyms - until I realized that the parents, grandparents, sisters, etc of these well known large gyms would actually like to see their loved ones compete and have to claw their way past "adoring fans" from other programs who rush the priority seating area. I have seen first hand kids who obviously do not cheer for the program go into the priority seating, and "security" can't really enforce it. I understand that these kids want to see their favorite team up close, but they force the people who actually belong in priority to have to line up early to ensure their spots. Unfortunately with most competition set-ups it is "every man for themselves" - hate the game and not the player! Now that you have had experience attending a large competition, be prepared and if there is a mega gym on the schedule before yours, plan accordingly. If you have more time to say hello and explain your team is ahead of their team, the people from these big gyms are normally pleasant and accommodating. It is definitely frustrating, but it is just as frustrating for the big gym to have to be put in the position to "fight and defend" a spot to be able to see their team.

Don't completely blame the "well known large gym" for this. I used to think the same thing about these gyms - until I realized that the parents, grandparents, sisters, etc of these well known large gyms would actually like to see their loved ones compete and have to claw their way past "adoring fans" from other programs who rush the priority seating area. I have seen first hand kids who obviously do not cheer for the program go into the priority seating, and "security" can't really enforce it. I understand that these kids want to see their favorite team up close, but they force the people who actually belong in priority to have to line up early to ensure their spots. Unfortunately with most competition set-ups it is "every man for themselves" - hate the game and not the player! Now that you have had experience attending a large competition, be prepared and if there is a mega gym on the schedule before yours, plan accordingly. If you have more time to say hello and explain your team is ahead of their team, the people from these big gyms are normally pleasant and accommodating. It is definitely frustrating, but it is just as frustrating for the big gym to have to be put in the position to "fight and defend" a spot to be able to see their team.

Thank you for saying this. It's a nightmare trying to see our kids!

These are just the ones I heard and know off the top of my head right now:
Stingrays Coconut Youth 1
ICE Frost Jr 5 (AL)
ICE Passion Sr 4 (Paid)
Team Illinois Sr 4 (AL)
Stingrays 4.2 (AL)
Legends Cheer Academy Sm Jr 2 (Paid)
Ultimate Athletics Empresses Lg Jr 2 (AL) our team
GymTyme Youth 2 (AL)
GBE Orange small coed restricted 5 - at large

Oh I don't blame the large gyms! I blame rude people lol! When someone's kid is on- I will gladly give up my seat until they perform. I don't like nobody sitting in the seat for the hour I was in there but bags covered 3 rows [emoji36] I cheered right along for the big teams. Shoot my kids team had to follow Peach [emoji26] lol! And I mean that as in they are a tough act to follow!!

Oh I don't blame the large gyms! I blame rude people lol! When someone's kid is on- I will gladly give up my seat until they perform. I don't like nobody sitting in the seat for the hour I was in there but bags covered 3 rows [emoji36] I cheered right along for the big teams. Shoot my kids team had to follow Peach [emoji26] lol! And I mean that as in they are a tough act to follow!!

Yes peach was amazing both days!

Same with NCA Classic in Atlanta. The Gwinnett Center is also an ice rink.
Same with Jamz Slam City in San Francisco, CA. The floor is over an ice rink, and the competition is usually about 60 degrees or below in the arena (which is pretty cold for cali lol).

Our tiny little restricted 5 team - we couldn't find a place to sit in front because everyone saved seats. Or at least put their bags all over. And with no VIP section- our girls all said they hated not hearing our confidence. My daughter said cheering w sr 3 in hall B was so much better because the coaches and gymtyme athletes were smacking the mats (excited) and they heard us all screaming. Plays a big roll- especially for our very young team.

Last year we had a VIP section in Freedom Hall so we liked it much better. I will say that one gym was prepared as there was a parent there in the arena with a bullhorn. First time I have seen one actually allowed to be used at a comp. I feel certain their team heard them from the stands LOL.

Last year we had a VIP section in Freedom Hall so we liked it much better. I will say that one gym was prepared as there was a parent there in the arena with a bullhorn. First time I have seen one actually allowed to be used at a comp. I feel certain their team heard them from the stands LOL.

There's nothing like sitting down and finding out the guy behind you is the proud owner of a bullhorn or a snare drum.:confused:

Back