All-Star 2012-2013 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was thinking this. As a parent, there is no way this thing would see the light of day on my child's body. I sometimes wonder what parents are thinking. And this is the problem with gyms not letting the parents see the uniforms before they are ordered - sometimes they're so into "the big reveal" when the new uniform comes in that they won't let parents see it until it's finished. I'm not sure I'd be able to cough up a couple hundred dollars for something if I hadn't seen it. What if it looked like this??? I think i will hold this photo forever as my "evidence" of why I won't pay for things I haven't seen...:eek:
Just playing devil's advocate but parents put their trust in coaches to do much more drastic things than design a bad uniform. Think about how much in tuition, competition, and other fees parents pay for their child to flip around with ultimately the risk of death. If parents can trust a coach with their child's life they SHOULD be able to trust them with a uniform.

just got a tweet from an F5 cheerleader saying "we aren't getting new unis, idk why everyone thinks we are!"
Looks like we're in for some new unis for our BABS!

These are the new ones in Manitoba:
University of Manitoba Bisons (Varsity)
2rx87zt.jpg

Wolves Elite Stunt (from the manufacturers catalog - CheerWorxs)
33kvm36.jpg

Central Cheer (front) (Varsity)
5vxa1h.jpg

Central Cheer (back) best view I could find
1eng9t.jpg

I was thinking this. As a parent, there is no way this thing would see the light of day on my child's body. I sometimes wonder what parents are thinking. And this is the problem with gyms not letting the parents see the uniforms before they are ordered - sometimes they're so into "the big reveal" when the new uniform comes in that they won't let parents see it until it's finished. I'm not sure I'd be able to cough up a couple hundred dollars for something if I hadn't seen it. What if it looked like this??? I think i will hold this photo forever as my "evidence" of why I won't pay for things I haven't seen...:eek:
I totally agree, I wouldn't be happy if I had to pay for a uniform before I saw it either (thankfully I've always rented my uni), but just wondering how it would work if parents did get to see it before? Like do you think a majority of parents/athletes liking the uniform would pass for the gym to go ahead and order it? Or should it be tweaked until it gets unanimous approval (if that's even possible)? What if everyone else sees past a flaw that you can't stand? Not just you in particular, I'm just curious what people think since I've never gotten a say in my uniforms! (but thankfully none of them had the superhero shorts :p )

Just playing devil's advocate but parents put their trust in coaches to do much more drastic things than design a bad uniform. Think about how much in tuition, competition, and other fees parents pay for their child to flip around with ultimately the risk of death. If parents can trust a coach with their child's life they SHOULD be able to trust them with a uniform.

Coaching I trust - because they're coaches. Designing a uniform I don't trust - because they're not designers. This thread has about a hundred examples to prove that. I wouldn't ask a nurse to design a prom dress either.

That being said, I've never been at a gym that we didn't see the uniform before we paid for it, so I am not really sure how that would play out. I'm not saying I have to have my hands on an actual prototype, but just a basic sketch maybe? And I have to say if they tried to hand me a uniform that it looked like her panties were on the outside I think I'd have to react somehow.

I'm not saying I have to like the uniform, just that it needs to be appropriate (I know not everyone agrees on what is appropriate, I just worry about what I think is appropriate for my cp. Y'all can put whatever you want on your kids). Trust me - my kids have worn plenty of uniforms that I thought were hideous. And I certainly don't like everything my cp has to wear for dance, but I get no say whatsoever in that either. But they have yet to come at me with anything that I question the appropriateness of, and they certainly haven't shown me any dresses that look like they have underwear drawn on them. :eek:

Brown in a cheerleading uniform should just never be done. Top Gun i4's back is a miss for me, and I feel the crop top with capris make uniform look cheap, and skimpy, I do really like the top though. Capris look better in black but still not clicking for me.

Always found Top Gun's uniforms to be a big miss when they use those capris. Really really dislike them. I feel the racer back on them looks far too fragile too.

Brown in a cheerleading uniform should just never be done. Top Gun i4's back is a miss for me, and I feel the crop top with capris make uniform look cheap, and skimpy, I do really like the top though. Capris look better in black but still not clicking for me.

They're a university whose colours are brown and gold. They used to have black instead of the brown, but the University adopted a policy that all athletic uniforms are to be in university colours with white and black accent only. They're sort of stuck with the brown!

i don't think i would ever be caught dead in that uni... but say as a parent or even an athlete, you paid for new uni without seeing the design. roughly 3-5 months into the season (after countless tuition/comp fee checks have been written, a routine is choreographed, and you've practiced for hours on end), your uniform arrives and it's atrocious. what do you do? would you honestly just up and quit or refuse to wear it and demand a refund? realistically, those things probably aren't happening and unfortunately you'd have to grin and bear it and find a new, stylish gym next season if it were a serious issue.

i don't think i would ever be caught dead in that uni... but say as a parent or even an athlete, you paid for new uni without seeing the design. roughly 3-5 months into the season (after countless tuition/comp fee checks have been written, a routine is choreographed, and you've practiced for hours on end), your uniform arrives and it's atrocious. what do you do? would you honestly just up and quit or refuse to wear it and demand a refund? realistically, those things probably aren't happening and unfortunately you'd have to grin and bear it and find a new, stylish gym next season if it were a serious issue.

After I posted that, I for real had to think about this! I have no idea what I would do! I mean, you're right - would you really want to leave mid season after you spent all that money? It's so easy to say I would, as I'm sitting here not in that situation...but I don't know, it's really hard to just walk away. But seriously, it really does look like it has underwear on the outside. I just don't know if I could make my cp wear that. :confused: (She has just informed me that no, I could not make her wear that.)

Back